Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been somewhat unhappy with the stock bar, and my first foray into the world of aftermarket handlebars was not that positive.
I was thinking, just a tad lower and more forward would be perfect....so I cut that 1/2 inch off the end of the stock bars, just short of where the plug is. this seemingly small adjustment has made a real difference for me, and the stock mirrors (a problem with the aftermarket bars) work fine. also no throttle issue, like I had with dimpled bars. I'm so happy with it, " I'm a-ridin "
G. :cool:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have been somewhat unhappy with the stock bar, and my first foray into the world of aftermarket handlebars was not that positive. I was thinking, just a tad lower and more forward would be perfect....so I cut that 1/2 inch off the end of the stock bars, just short of where the plug is. This seemingly small adjustment has made a real difference for me, and the stock mirrors (a problem with the aftermarket bars) work fine. Also no throttle issue, like I had with dimpled bars. I'm so happy with it, "I'm a-ridin"
Forgive me Geoff, but there are two things that I don't understand. First, how is it that cutting the stock bars helped to make them "a tad lower and more forward" exactly? As far as I can see, that only made them more narrow. Second, what exactly is the problem with the stock mirrors when used with aftermarket bars? If anything, the stock mirrors were better once I changed to NH M-Bars. In particular, the angle of the mirrors on the M-Bars was such that they were oriented more horizontally and wider giving me a better view of the world behind.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Check out Super Bars at newbonneville or Bella Corse. Bella Corse site has good detail in the differences between stock and Super Bars.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I meant was, MY position on the bike is lower and more forward, because of the extra 1/2 inch of reach needed to put my hands on the grips.
The mirrors may work better with M bars, but they did not work better (for me) on the Western bars.
I'm not trying to convert anyone, I'm just sayin what works for me
G

1 - 4 of 4 Posts