Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be changing out the bars on my new Speedmaster with an LSL Flat Track bar. The new bar does not have threaded end plugs like the stock bars do.

I do not want bar end mirrors. Any recommendations for end plugs for a 1" bar?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm in the same boat for a slightly different reason - I have new bars but apparently mislaid the threaded plugs that came with my bar end mirrors. There's lots of commercial ones out there through the usual suspects and fleabay, but they tend to be pricy for what they are. However watching one of Delboy's videos he just used a concrete wall anchor. With that you could use your original end cap but probably with a larger bolt. I haven't looked yet but I think they also make plastic anchors that might work and take the original screw with the cap. I'm going to try that before I look at the moe expensive options.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm in the same boat for a slightly different reason - I have new bars but apparently mislaid the threaded plugs that came with my bar end mirrors. There's lots of commercial ones out there through the usual suspects and fleabay, but they tend to be pricy for what they are. However watching one of Delboy's videos he just used a concrete wall anchor. With that you could use your original end cap but probably with a larger bolt. I haven't looked yet but I think they also make plastic anchors that might work and take the original screw with the cap. I'm going to try that before I look at the moe expensive options.
Not a bad idea. It's worth looking into.

Here is Delboy's video that DesertBurn is referring to..

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No luck finding any anchor bolts today like in the video. ( at 3:30 mark on the video) All I could find were the kind with the big hex nut on the end.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well having pointed out Delboy's video I spent part of today trying to find one as well. No luck, but since I'm mounting bar-end mirrors I need strength and rigidity (so the mirror doesn't vibrate too much). However, one possibility I did notice if you're only you're only mounting the end caps is to simply firmly pound in a rubber stopper, cut off the excess flush with the end of the bar, then drill a hole in it for your cap bolt. Drilling in rubber like that is kind of weird and the hole won't look big enough, but it will firmly grip whatever is screwed in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts