Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, now that I've been riding a few days since I got my bike. I notice that I'm more bent forward than I remember while test riding. I remember that dealer mentioned they had replaced the stock handlebars on the demo bike. Since I didn't buy the bike from that dealer, I feel embarrassed asking. I'm guessing though that the handlebar might be the issue. Does anyone know options for replacing the stock handlebar?

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you do a search of "handlebars" on this site...you'll probably find any info your looking for. There are LOTS of existing threads on this, covering just about everything from A to Z.

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
By carpenter's ruler, it's 7/8 of an inch OD... or whatever the nearest metric equivalent would be.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lookin To Get New Bars

Just picked up my new 2009 street triple over the weekend and have to say this bike is amazing. i was lookin to get new handle bars that are a little wider and taller, any suggestions? if i go taller do i have to change out cables?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Although this topic has been covered quite extensively in previous posts.... A short answer is, the stock cable have VERY little slack in them and won't allow much handlebar rise without extending/replacing cables. For bars, themselves, check out: Renthal, Magura, Rizoma, Protaper, Easton, Lsl/Spiegler, Etc. Hope that helps you get started.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im gonna get Easton bars either CR high or Mid. im not gonna get clamps that are higher just the bars will be slightly higher. i was lookin to see if anyone has went to those bars with out changing cables.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
standard Street triple Handlebar spec

Anyone know the rise, height, pullback etc specs for the standard striple handlebar? The triumph website only has the width which is 29.8. I want to get a higher bar but don't know the current ones specs. thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Handlebar Diameter and Part Replacement

I'm trying to find an OEM replacement clutch lever bracket clamp for my 2009 Street Triple R. I looked on bike bandit but the only brackets I see are for the Street Triple (Bike Bandit #7532684-001) and don't show the mounting post for the mirrors. Are the Street R handlebars the same diameter as the Speed Triples? I ask because the Speed Triple's clutch lever bracket clamp (Bike Bandit #5568434-001) does depict the mirror mounting post. Thanks for the help guys. And as some free wisdom for y'all, never do rushed maintenance. You end up buying new parts :p

JT

·
Registered
366 Posts
The Street and Speed (and amost any other sport and standard bike) all use a "standard" 22mm at the ends of the bars (from bend out to ends) regardless of center section (such as 28mm fatbar). All the same at the controls. Cruisers (such as Harley) are a different animal...but that's another story.

·
Registered
400 Posts
after market handlebars/alloy:

Does anyone know who makes a street triple equivalent handlebar?
7/8 or 1 1/8. I've seen bars with different names and different bends, but I don't know which is which. Mine was the triple blown over by the 50 mph wind storm. The Pazzo shorty was unharmed, but the bar end mirror and handlebars were bent. I haven't removed the mounts, so I don't know if the bolts are bent. I might go up to
1 1/8.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Renthal "low bars" .No cable replacement required, and very comfy. No vibration or sliding foward and crushing *.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Nope just standard 7/8 " ,no risers.
;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Aha, just the thread I need.

Trying to choose between Rizoma and Renthal bars. Just standards, not fatties. I may grab some Rizoma grips and bar ends while I'm at it, too.

So, the Renthals are slightly pulled\swept back from the stock 08 standard bars. Are the Rizomas?

I'm like Amanger: I want to get my nuts off the tank. The stockies are comfy enough but just a little more sweep on the bars would be nice. And I'm not a large fan of the chrome bar.

Black bike. Black bars. Black grips (I'll get black Rizomas if I go new grips). Too much black?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Farmpunk,

I just got the 7/8 Rizomas and I love them. I had some aftermarket bars which were swept upward and back. I had to get a pipe cutter and shorten them a bit, because they were too long.They were ok, but I was 100% satisfied. Well the wind storm blew my triple over, and had to get new bars. I checked 100's of bars and found the Rizomas to be perfect fit for the Triple. They have a matte (natural they call it) finish and excellent pull back and no upward sweep. These bars are great. I might get Black 7/8 risers.

Black Triple, Black Driven Grips, Black Pazzos with Gold adjusters and Natural Rizomas.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Renthal "low bars" .No cable replacement required, and very comfy. No vibration or sliding foward and crushing *.
Amanger, are your bar-end weights stock?

I would like to put a similar bar on my 'R', but also thinking about bar-end mirrors too.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts