Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace my stock handlebars on my Bonnie with cafe type bars (just want something lower and a bit more aggressive than the stock bars), and I have noticed there are numerous choices...

Other than going to a dealership or cycle meetup to look at different bars, anyone know of a cafe handlebar comparison chart or photos ie., what different style cafe bars look like w/without riders?
Any feedback much appreciated!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't know of a comparison chart, so I had to scour the internet when I did mine. Eventually I settled on Woodcrafts because...

1.) I could get a height that was similar to the riding height of the stock

2.) Could easily adjust that when I wanted (I recently went to 1" risers)

3.) After dropping the forks to get access and removed the headlight bracket covering I didn't want to have to do that again and the Woodcrafts are two pieces that bolt together around the forks which meant easy work later.

4.) I struggled to find 1" bars and they sold them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses guys; that helped.

Looks like I might get the M's...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just did this today and find the new bars really uncomfortable, I even sent out some emails to DCC and BC to ask about the bars and never go a response.

I've seen some adjustable ones and thinking about that. I love the look of the cafetype bars but the comfort for commuting is not great for my 40 year old back..

Are there 7/8 adjustable bars out there? or something with a less drastic drop?

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
It wasn't even back issues that bothered me, but more that I just didn't like the feel of the ride. I literally just took my 1" risers off and went back to the 3". All is right in the world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts