Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My insurance company have at last started the work on my bike, its only taken since March:mad:
They have ordered all the parts and are just waiting for one,

The handle bar fabricated:confused::confused:

any one got an idea what this is? it costs £70

At least they have started, realy looking forward to getting back on my tiger.:D

cheers
john

·
Registered
724 Posts
3 feckin months

and still not sorted, I`d be having a serious word:mad:

Just checked out BikeBandit, as theres no UK site(that I know of) that lists parts, and it would seen your waiting on Handlebars-solid cross piece in Silver.
Hope you get back on the road before the summers out:)

Pete

·
Read Only
296 Posts
£70 sounds about right for Triumph handlebars. If you want to save your insurers a bit of time and money, try sprintmanufacturing.co.uk . They make replicas for about half the price.

Not sure what the "fabricated" bit is. Could Triumph warehouse be out of stock and making another batch? I'd chase it up if i were you. three months is a LONG time for it to be going on.

Just out of interest, would you mind sharing your insurers name? Just in case any of us happen to deal with them in the future.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Wayne

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
High all have been away for a couple of weeks got back early hours this morning, so the first thing was to contact my insurance company
K.G.M.
to see if my bike was coming home tomorrow.:)
But O no, they have found out there are no headlights on it:mad: (I bloody know that because they are on the bench in my workshop)
That's it now I have had enough so threatened to go to the motorcycle press and insurance ombudsman.
One of the managers from Plantec, the blind people who are repairing my bike, phoned this afternoon to tell me my part will be in on 16th and I should have my bike back on the 21st.

Well it best had be because I am at the end now, how the hell they can tell me two weeks ago that new bars was the last part that was needed, and then tell me that after further dismantling they find the head lights missing is beyond me.:confused:

If you guys know any other tactics let me know,
yours jet lagged and extremely angry.

john.

·
Registered
667 Posts
....If you guys know any other tactics let me know....

john.
John.... one tactic that seems to get results around here, is to contact a local TV station's "action reporter" = lots of stations do reports on consumer's getting the run-around or ripped-off = the negative publicity generated can usually pressure the the bad guys into resolving issues....

·
Registered
54 Posts
You refer to the "insurance company" is fixing your bike, is the insurance company fixing your bike or is a motorcycle shop fixing the bike and the insurance pays for it?
In my neck of the woods, we pick who fixes the bike and the insurance pays the shop. If the shop doesn't do their job good enough, we take it somewhere else, competition drives better service.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
We have a tradition in our family called the "Dear Bastards" letter. My father started it years ago, and my siblings and I still use it to get results. First you need to find an appropriate recipient, and it looks like Colin Hart is your man. It's his name on the "About Us" page of the KGM website. I don't know if the founder, Kenneth Gordon McNeil, is still around, but he might be deserving of a missel, too. Tell them their reputation, due their cavalier behavior, is tarnished internationally. They're behaving like some American insurance company, not one deserving of Lloyd's reputation. Pile it on deep! I am especially outraged - as if that matters! - that they would be so unresponsive with a customer who lives where the riding season is so limited. Have you been kicking the dog out of frustration? be sure to mention that, too. How about a youtube "commercial" for KGM? You have the time to make one since you can't be out riding.
And, if they deserve it, the same rules apply to motorcycle shops.......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks guys some good ideas, will keep you posted.:) It is the insurance companies own repair department that is fixing my bike, but on reflection perhaps I should have used a local dealer.

john

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:D Tigers home
and about time, will give you a full report on the insurance and repaire company soon. Till then i'm riding.

john

1 - 11 of 11 Posts