Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sticky handle bar thread: I don't get it but it seems riders like to change bars more than underwear. So it's always a hot topic and this can be where you post your results with what and how you did it. :smile2: Safe riding to you - and make sure you tighten the bar hold down clamp! :wink2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would like to know if anyone has successfully changed to Renthal fatbars on their T120?

If so, which risers did you use and were you able to retain the functionality of the heated grips?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I swapped to a bobber black bar on my t120. After a couple of hours riding, I'm very happy with the swap. The bars are a little lower, wider and closer. I find it to be very comfortable. More aggressive look too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
How much taller and/or wider can you go before you get into trouble with wires being too short? Of particular interest for me is the Street Twin, but I believe the 900 and 1200 are fairly similar?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just added LSL Speed Bars, it was between these and Norman Hyde M bars. Came down to shipping time. I rotated the bar mounts 180* this moved the bars up and forward about 7/8". They put my wrist in a more natural position, I was getting a bit of forearm fatigue commuting daily. So far they are more comfortable and sporty. I like em, but will keep my originals in case I want to scram this bike or who knows.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know what size/diameter the bars on the new Speed Twin are? Are they 1" and tapered towards the ends? For the life of me I can't find this out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I put the vernier calipers up against mine and here's what I got in mm:

at the clamp (middle) = 28.7mm

at the grips = 22.6mm

the actual rubber grips = 31.5mm

·
Registered
10 Posts
How easy is it to change bars with the various locator holes and cables through the bars etc on OEM (T120). I'd prefer a slightly higher narrower bar similar to those on my 2002 Bonnie.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
many things are a personal choice BUT since our bodies vary widely getting bars that suit our stature allows comfort for longer rides. sometimes simple + cheap spacers help + if needed cable lengthening kits or just rearranging the cables can work for wider + or taller bars, in the end your comfort is key!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can I put a set of Scrambler bars on my 2018 T120 ?
If I can am I better off getting the dealer to do it?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
if you got the $$$$ having someone else do any work is easier + if needed dealers may have any xtras needed in stock, but as noted $$$$$ dealers especially bigger ones in the costlier cities have lots of overhead hence higher pricing!! i enjoy DIY + thru the years have most tools needed so i DIY almost everything, but if you intend to "farm everything out" you will need $$$$$ to pay the labor, not buy tools + you must be honest about your ability!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Rizoma drag bar on Speed Twin

Lowers and shifts hands forward by about 25 mm each way - a bit more room and a more aggressive feel

1 - 15 of 15 Posts