Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

did a long trip early this year with camping gear etc. Used a tank bag which was okay, except when I turned a corner the indicator cancel switch hit the bag and turned off the indicators. Was thinking of installing risers (maybe 50 mm) to get the indication switch up out of the way. Has anyone put these on a T-bird? If so, did you have to replace the cables, brake lines etc? If it's too much of a hassle I'll either go to 35 or 25 mm or forget it all together.

thanks

andre12a

·
Registered
299 Posts
Andre, recently fitted some mototech risers to my 98 T Bird. One inch up and one inch back. These ones angle back rather than step and the Triumph logo top clamp fits.
Can't seem to find them on the web again but Twisted throttle site has the same.
I did not have to change asnything. Just slipped them on and cables etc are fine.
If you plan 5omm (2") up, you may have to consider replacing but I suspect you may just get away with it.
Any universal 7/8 bar risers will fit and with most you should be able to use the original top clamp however not condoned by the riser maker as voids any warranty. Also need to carefully check bolt lengths so they tighten properly.
Mototech have a few differant ones if you do a google.
For me a much more comfortable riding position.
Lots of threads here re risers so try a search also.

cheers
Muray

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Just did a 125 km ride this morning in gusting headwind. I found the head on blast had me locked up across the shoulders just hanging on to the bars. In the end I put my feet on the passenger pillions and rode it like a sports bike. I think a little more lean back and height on the bars would have made it a lot easier. Shall check out other threads. Thanks for the tip.

andre12a

1 - 7 of 7 Posts