Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Put tiger guards on my '04. took them off after a couple days. They didn't quite look right, but I do think the right pair look pretty cool on a speedy. IMHO. You've infected me, now I gotta do it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I put some black Protaper handguards on my S3 last year and left 'em. They work GREAT at keeping the cold wind off your hands.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Here's one place

http://www.protaper.com/contents/products/gripAccess/handguards.html

Looks like they just have a simple clamp to fix them to the 'bars. Easy attachments like this make life so much easier!

I bought mine at a local motorcycle shop. I wish I coulda found some white ones like in the pic above though! And yes, these were very simple to mount. I just used a bit of blue thread lock to secure the bolts. They don't touch anything at full steering lock either.:cool:

·
Registered
300 Posts
These look pretty simple to install. Would these work as a temporary/seasonal option. Would it make sense to install them now and just remove them when it warms up?

I just got some new gloves, but my hands are still freezing after a decent ride. I'm hoping these guards work. I don't want to put my speedy away for the winter.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Would it make sense to install them now and just remove them when it warms up?
That's what I was originally going to do but I decided to go ahead and leave them on. They kept the bug guts off the levers and nearby areas really nicely.:)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Do the protapers flex or move when youre at speed?

A single mounting point sure would make mounting easier, but Id worry about strength against high winds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts