Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has fitted aftermarket hand guards to their Sprint ST. I have both heated grips AND a throttle-meister so I think it may not be possible to mount any of the guards that screw into the bar ends. Has anyone found guards and a mounting method that work around this?

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
I had PowerMadd Star hand guards on my Trident when I lived in NYC. Single-point mounting to the handlebars. Can't guarantee they wouldn't foul the fairing near full lock, though, as the Trident was naked.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
896 Posts
I mocked a Tiger 1050 hand guard up to a Sprint 1050. Won't work with the fairing the Sprint has.
+1
The subjects been discussed before, and no one has come up with a workable solution.
There are however muffs (Tucano Urbano) that have cups built in, to clip onto the bar ends to stop wind blast pushing the muff back onto the levers

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
There are however muffs (Tucano Urbano) that have cups built in, to clip onto the bar ends to stop wind blast pushing the muff back onto the levers
I've used cloth handlebar muffs for about 20 years with no such cup mods or wind blast problems encountered.
I simply strap them on and have used the same muffs on several different bikes over the years.

Once you get familiar with using them, you won't even notice them... except for the warmth :rolleyes:
Plus, you can ride year round with the same comfortable pair of thin summer gloves.

Tom

Heated grips and handlebar muffs .... Don't go skiing without them :D. These are my lighter weight pair .

Handlebar muffs also provide excellent rain protection. These are my heavier weight pair.

·
Registered
273 Posts

What he said :D I've been doing it for years, it's an easy way to extend the riding season...

Sure, some drivers will give you the funny look :eek: (in 'colder' climate, people are not expecting to see motorcycle in November/December)... but you quickly get over it.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Wait, drivers see you?!?! :p

Cheers,
-Kit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts