Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does ayone know of any handguard that fits a speed four. I saw one from acerbis:

http://www.acerbis.it/moto/index.php?module=catalog&type=detail&id=1432&cat=16

But it seems it won't really fit the s4 (although it does fit a speed and street triple). The look nice, but i'm not going to spend that money when they most likely wont fit (i atleast need to remove the barends)

anyone know of some solution that actually looks nice and fits?

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
I knew a guy who used cornflakes boxes, flattened out and duct taped on, as handguards for cold weather. You want ugly, you got ugly!

Anything you can find which will fit should work.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew a guy who used cornflakes boxes, flattened out and duct taped on, as handguards for cold weather. You want ugly, you got ugly!

Anything you can find which will fit should work.
the question is... which will fit with the bar ends still attached...

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have wondered about this for years and am still yet to find any... so I dropped about $180 on a pair of gloves on eBay that alpinestars only sells in Europe since there isn't a real big year round riding market in most of the US. I don't remember the exact name except that there is goretex involved. Someone posted it a few years ago on here, but I don't know if it exists anymore since they re-did the site. They work pretty well for about 20-30 minutes at 25 degrees F going 70 mph and have decent control feel.

Zane

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How cold?

I kinda chuckle at this, though... creating warm pockets of air on a naked bike? The TT600 would've suited you better... ;)
Blasphemy, no one will ever see me that British mock-up of a Japanese bike.

as for how cold near freezing with a lot of rain and a lot of wind.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here, these are the apparent evolution of the ones I have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpinestars-Jet-Road-Gore-Tex-Gloves_W0QQitemZ380072451199QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Gloves?hash=item380072451199&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

Oh, and they held up with nothing but scrapes on the carbon fiber knuckles in a get off last January

Zane
i have pretty good winter gloves with thinsulate goretex and a hell of alot of padding. (dane basic gtx) their for below freezing... but anyway it's near freezing here and i need to drive for 1.5 hours in the cold. Good gloves are just not going to cut it :). BTW the hands are actually the only part i really have it cold. The feet could be warmer, but their not really that cold, the rest is just nice and warm with my suit :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm tired of the cold hands as well and was looking for a battery powered heated gloves but.... do those hippo hands work well or do they just make you look even more insane for riding in the cold :D

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
I have ridden in really nasty weather for years, and eventually nothing quite works. Heated gear is good up to a certain speed a each temperature, but the hands are always the first to go even with electricity. Bark busters or some other kind of hand guards are the one thing I haven't tried yet. Once the Husky is alive again (magneto problem), I plan to fit it out with some bark busters and ride it all winter. I have never had much problem staying warm as long as my hands and feet are warm. Hands hang out in the breeze far more than any other body part, and gloves are less insulation than you can put on just about any other body part. I think handguards might be the solution, short of the big ol' hippo handbags the police use.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts