Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I thought you might be interested in this.
http://www.hattarmoto.com/index.htm?sec=3&sub=0&area=0&item=33
This is at the Triumph dealer in San Raefel Ca.
I am going down on Saturday to see these bikes. Apparently the sales guy told me they are already sold to someone. But they are showing them off to the public this weekend. He told me the buyer paid 150k For them. I can't wait to see! The teaser videos don't show much so I will get lots of pix.
Cheers John.
ps check out all the videos.:)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I was planning on going there on saturday just to kick tires. I will ask about it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Another thing, anyone that paid $150K for this bike has more money than sense. I would like to meet him and sell him my house.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another thing, anyone that paid $150K for this bike has more money than sense. I would like to meet him and sell him my house.
I think there are two bikes on show. Even so 150k is a bit steep.
Even with the gold leaf!
I am very curiuos to see why so much.
John.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was planning on going there on saturday just to kick tires. I will ask about it.
Hi Mar
Maybe i will see you there.
I plan on getting there around midday.
I'm on a Red Thruxton, Phil Read Lid.
What will you be riding, color etc?
Cheers John.

·
Registered
98 Posts
For $150k that bike (or bikes if it's for both) better have a custom titanium frame in addition to the exhaust. Not saying they don't do good work, as they obviously do great marketing, but 10X the price of a stock bike for a "custom" is a bit steep. Especially when at the end of the day you still have a Thruxton or Scrambler that you paid that much for.

Hopefully they update their site after the unveiling or you guys that live close can get some pics, cause I am curious what a $75-150k Trumpet looks like! From the little bit that they do show it looks like several members on here have bikes that look close to the same with aluminum bodywork, etc. Although haven't seen gold leaf yet! ;)

Edit: If it seems like I am bashing them I am not, as anyone that puts in good work to mod a twin gets bonus points from me. And if you have that kind of money to uhh "spend" go for it!

·
Registered
161 Posts
$150,000 ????? I heard Jesse James on Howard Stern say he just made a bike for someone and it sold for $300,000 but JEEEZZZ!!!! I guess it's not what it's worth but what someone is willing to pay.... sorta like baseball cards: no real intrinsic value but if it has Honus Wagner on it then it sells for 2.35 million :confused:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Hi Mar
Maybe i will see you there.
I plan on getting there around midday.
I'm on a Red Thruxton, Phil Read Lid.
What will you be riding, color etc?
Cheers John.
John, I should be there a little earlier than you ;about 10"30 is my guess. i will be with a buddy comming down from Hopeland. I think i will be on my black thruxton, also a Phil Read lid.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
John, I should be there a little earlier than you ;about 10"30 is my guess. i will be with a buddy comming down from Hopeland. I think i will be on my black thruxton, also a Phil Read lid.
Hi MAR
I am coming from Sebastopol i may see you there.
Cheers John.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I'll also be going down there today. They are down the road from work and I've been following the build for months (custon timwhere, titanium exhaust/frame, +100 hp motor etc). The story goes something like this...a regular customer purchased a new Duke and made an off hand comment that he likes street trackers. They said they could build him a modified tracker out of a Triumph and he agreed but was very specific what he wanted. Very little of the scrambler was been retained. He reputedly has a number of exotic bikes and cars so this is another in his collection

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Here are a few pictures I took today of the Thrux and the Street trackers...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Both bikes were made for customers. From memory they said the Thrux motor is 80 hp and the street tracker is 104 hp - I'm guessing a 1087?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Yes the street tracker is a 270 crank 1087 motor. I am told all the counter weights were taken out and the bike weighs about 350. I don't believe any claims about Hp because the motor is not running. In fact the bike is not done. No chain, foot pegs, oil cooler, brake lines, throttle, lights and so on. Carbs are Mikuni. I was told only "big". Head work was done locally and the cams are some custom ones also made locally. No specs were offered to me.

The cost between both bikes was 160K. The street tracker was about 90K. The frame was made in Fla and the body was made in Petaluma by a guy named Cox. Brakes were Beringer two 6 pistom up front. The steering head was taken off the scrambler and used so the bike can be registered as a new bike.They had no idea who the hubs are from.

Sorry. but for 90K on a tracker, I think I would have bought a old "real' one and had enough money left over for a Desmosideci. There are several talented individuals that can build you a motor with 100+hp for about 5K.

Someone has more money than sense.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
90k thats a real joke feel sorry for the guy that got that one built .They saw him coming lol.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I litterly saw him comming as well. He drove up in a Ferrari.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts