Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Halp! speedo dead!

926 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  roadrash998 
#1 ·
I've got a 2004 black bonnie, everything's running perfect, except I noticed today that my speedo's dead. It's all the instrumentation I've got. I checked the cables, their all tight. What should I look at next. I'm not even sure how a speedometer works. Could it be internal. Any advice would be appreciated.

#4 ·
Cool.

I did that once with an old S-10 Blazer I had once. It was pretty easy. If I want to take this as an opportunity to add a tachometer, where does that cable plug into? Anyone have any experience with the aftermarket one like LSL or the mini set that NewBonneville sells?

-Gene

#5 ·
I did that once with an old S-10 Blazer I had once. It was pretty easy. If I want to take this as an opportunity to add a tachometer, where does that cable plug into? Anyone have any experience with the aftermarket one like LSL or the mini set that NewBonneville sells?

-Gene
Not really an opportunity. Adding a tach is a whole new ball game.
The Triumph kit is plugg and play and $$$$$
Lots of alternatives if you search this forum, Mikes XS springs to mind for instruments, and for sheer craftsmanship D9's brackets are hard to beat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.