Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I recently installed one of those cheap eBay led lights on my 14’ Bonneville. The light is working fine but I can’t get the halo ring to turn on at all

The light has a H4 connector and there is another connector that v’s from that same line, which I assume is the connector that lights up the halo. There is also a separate adaptor that I know nothing of that came with the kit.

I’ve attached a few pictures for reference.

Do any of you know how to get this halo to light up or had any of the same issues? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Most time we get what we pay for. Sounds to me ya what ya paid for, a 'cheap eBay led lights'.

Paul

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most time we get what we pay for. Sounds to me ya what ya paid for, a 'cheap eBay led lights'.

Paul
e
Eh, there’s definitely a way to wire it as many other people have with these same lights. I just don’t have the knack for it and was trying to pick someone’s brain for some insight on how to properly wire it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Normally you use the side light connectors to get power to the Halo.
I have a legend so am not familiar with the Bonnie headlight set up. On the older bikes there is a separate bulb with its own power supply for the sidelight, you use these to power the Halo.
Try connecting the extra connectors to a battery with some wire.
2 of the 3 will give you the Halo one will be +ve & one -ve The 3rd will probably be for using it as an indicator on a Wrangler or other car.
The Led might be directional so you have to have them the correct way round. Once you have worked out which is which you will have to get power to them by splicing/running extra wires if you don't have the side light.
Actually the earth may also be the body of the lamp. So you may only need to find the +ve for the Halo.

The extra adaptor looks like the harness for running two of them as indicators on a car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts