Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hagon road shocks & progressive fork springs V`s just hagon 2810 adjustable shocks

hi, i`ve finally got round to ordering new shocks. hagons it is, so,here`s my dilemma, hagon road shocks and progressive fork springs together cost the same as just the 2810 adjustable shocks on their own, the guy i spoke to at hagon said they usually get the damping right anyway so do you really need 10 position damping control? he said they`re ideal for riders who enjoy fiddling with knobs (oo `er missus) and i don`t think i would really know what i was doing anyway. i`m leaning towards the road shocks and fork springs but can anyone give me a reason to spend the same amount of money on just the 2810 shocks. cheers.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
No, do both ends, you'll be happy with it. otherwise, you will just have to do the front anyways later down the road. I went with hagons front and rear, and have no complaints. 3 settings is fine for the back
G

·
Registered
15 Posts

Hi i have the 2810 hagons on my scrambler put them on out the box not changed a thing as you said they set them up for you now as i ride round keep thinking must do the fork springs this winter ,will have to put them on my xmas list .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hagons front and back

I just outfitted my 2009 Thruxton with Hagon Progressive Springs up front and 2810s on the back. As a newbie to adjustable suspension, the rear feels great, solid and vast improvement over stock. The front seems to get a bit squirrely when I dive into a corner on a bumpy road. Any recommendations on the preload of the front spring?

·
Registered
509 Posts
the only thing that will help the front is racetech emulators and their fork springs-progressive springs won't solve front end problems with any preload setting-tried all of them

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey, el cafe, do you have a picture of your Hagon shocks installed on your Thruxton? I wondered how they looked, and are they good quality? Cheers, Kito.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The rear are great. They are perfectly dialed in and i noticed the difference the second the bike hit the road. The front? If Ratlab is correct, will fail to please although I do need to fiddle with them a bit to see if it gets any better. Here is the only photo I had available. I used the Joker dress up bolts which added a nice touch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Intiminators with the stock springs really made a difference. I was going to go the progressive route, but this gave me the athletic ride I was looking for.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I helped with progressive springs and racetech emulators in a T100 made a world of diffrence. Added the rear shocks later haven't had a chance to test the ajustment yet.
Big diffreice though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Bike looks really nice, el cafe. A couple more questions: did you mount the shocks" upside down", with the damping adjustment at the top? And what are the Joker bolts and where did you get them? Also, how are you finding the damping adjustment working out for you, worth the extra $100? Cheers, Kito.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I put hagon road shocks on the rear and found they were a great improvement. I'm happy with having just the three settings, ten would be overkill, at least for me.

The front, so far as I can tell, is fine. All I want to do now is ride it.

I'd suggest doing the rear first, get it adjusted the way you like, and then do the front if you still feel the need. The fewer variables you have to adjust at any one time, the better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts