Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's a balmy 45 out today so i thought I'd ride the bike a bit, on my way home from the gym, I turned off of the hwy into the driveway I share with a neighbor.... guess who graded while I was gone... yup down I went. full armor thank goodness, and it was at a slow speed, damage that I can find, clutch lever, handlebar, and scrape on the tank, and alt cover?? (that's the one on the left right?)
but the problem is... it ran for bout 15 seconds on it's left side and then died... I was getting my wits about me to kill the engine (I rockcrawl in jeeps I know what hydrolocking does) and it died w/o me touching it... I rolled it to the house, and tried to restart it, it cranks fine, and the low fuel light comes on, however it's half full of fuel, and it won't fire, is there a reset switch like on ford vehicles for the fuel system. anything else to check? no check engine light, it probably wasn't down for more than 2 min totally.

thanks in advance.. ok, so maybe I'm still gettin my wits about me...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, it fires up and idles, I disconnected the fuel pump and fuel lines and then reconnected them later, it fired right up.

if anyone has a stock handlebar or clutch lever PM me I'd be interested in purchasing them possibly.

TIA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts