1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
924 Posts
That accident happened in August 2003. I bought my 02 in June of 2003 and my dealer checked it for recalls and fixed that very one. Triumph isn't the greatest on notifying you of recalls. Matter of fact they told me that my silver bike was red and had no outstanding recalls but I have never had my fuel connectors replaced which we the subject of a recall on all 955i's.

By the way, the problem was that Triumph got a batch of the wrong bearings with plastic retainers rather than metal which would fail.

·
Registered
190 Posts
So my question is. Other than this site (thanks RAT :bow: )how do you find out what recalls were made on what Triumphs? I've got an '03 and the only recall I can think of is for the plastic fuel connectors. I haven't had this done and I'm not sure it has been done on mine (I'm the 2nd owner).

Plastic fuel connectors are one thing, but a seized wheel bearing? One whole, huge, other matter :eek: . Brian Spatchett would still be of this world if this matter had been taken care of as it should of. Quickly and efficiently.

·
Registered
88 Posts
how do you find out what recalls were made on what Triumphs?

You can contact (well...in the USA) NHTSA. (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) 1-888-327-4236

They are suppose to know about every recall on any type of vehicle in the US.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You can also just call your dealer and give them the vin # they just log into the triumph website and can tell if there are any outstanding recalls for your bike, I know because when I imported my bike to Canada i had to supply a letter to the Canadian Registrar of Imported vehicles stating there were no outstanding recalls. Triumph keeps track of all recalls done on every VIN #.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts