Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fed up with the delay in getting a top box in OZ so ordered one from Jack Lilley UK, even with the transport costs it will work out $300 odd cheaper than the prices quoted here.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine was shipped by Jack Lilley on a Monday and arrived the Thursday, it was packed very well, the sliding mount was put inside the TopBox and the colored infill/lid was wrapped in decent protection, placed over the top box to protect it from crushing.

Took me about 30 minutes to fit and I am really happy.

Kath from Jack Lilley gave me an international shipping tracking number so I could track it all the way to my door.

Great service reliable.

Steve.

·
Premium Member
2017 Rocket III Roadster
2,022 Posts
I'd love to have that on my ST, since I rarely have the panniers on and some extra space would be nice!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'd love to have that on my ST, since I rarely have the panniers on and some extra space would be nice!
This is feasible if you drill holes in the adaptor plate to suit the ST rack mount.

Given the size of the top box I would also look at fitting an extra support bracket to reduce the cantilever effect. A box this size would be more prone to cracking the subframe on the ST. The GT has a much more sturdier mounting arrangement than the ST (probably where the extra 20kg is hidden!):D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does anyone know if you can order an additional lock barrel along with the top box? Mine seems to have gone missing - I'm not certain that I received it in the first place, I wasn't aware that it was needed for the top box

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know if you can order an additional lock barrel along with the top box? Mine seems to have gone missing - I'm not certain that I received it in the first place, I wasn't aware that it was needed for the top box
It's not in the bottom of the locker in the right fairing by any chance? mine is sitting under the tool kit!

·
Premium Member
24,407 Posts
This is feasible if you drill holes in the adaptor plate to suit the ST rack mount.

Given the size of the top box I would also look at fitting an extra support bracket to reduce the cantilever effect. A box this size would be more prone to cracking the subframe on the ST. The GT has a much more sturdier mounting arrangement than the ST (probably where the extra 20kg is hidden!):D
Nope I think it is the giant club exhaust and the big panniers!:D

DaveM:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Nope I think it is the giant club exhaust and the big panniers!:D

DaveM:cool:
I wonder if you weighed both the ST and GT can, how much heavier the GT can actually is?
I'm convinced the triumph engineers have competitions to see who can make a heavier exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts