Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,
I installed today Barkbuster handguards. The left side went perfectly fine, although the right handguard (the aluminium backbone) seems to be profiled too close/too tightly to the brake lever causing the plastic shield pushing on the brake. I tried positioning the lever and the backbone in a few different ways but no configuration was perfect due to the shape of the aluminium part. Has any of you encountered a similar problem?
Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel Automotive design

·
Registered
224 Posts
Do you have more pics of the install and brackets? I wonder if you have them switched. Or a kit for the 800 instead of the 900? I had no issues installing mine. Plenty of clearance.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have more pics of the install and brackets? I wonder if you have them switched. Or a kit for the 800 instead of the 900? I had no issues installing mine. Plenty of clearance.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Definitely I ordered the right handguards (BHG-083) though it is possible I received a wrong pair due to someone's unintended mistake. I am 100% sure something is odd with at least the right backbone and I am thinking to ask my local moto tech to re-shape them if this is at all possible .
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Plant Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bicycle handlebar Automotive design

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you are right. The bracket should have a signature/id BAR-V-046 where in my case it is BAR-V-045. Crap, need to speak with the shop where I bought the hand guards to get the bars replaced.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is some difference between the Rally and the GT handlbars. Perhaps that is what has been mixed up.
It seems that there is only one model for the Tiger 900 family (Two Point Mount - Barkbusters Moto) BHG-083. Nevertheless I have reached out to the seller - they have to provide the proper brackets fitting my bike as per the Barkbuster's own specification.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You appear to have been given the wrong mounting kit?-------- BHG-083 has got a very pronounced bend shortly after leaving the inner mounting bracket, which your appears not to have untill the actual plastic guard?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You appear to have been given the wrong mounting kit?-------- BHG-083 has got a very pronounced bend shortly after leaving the inner mounting bracket, which your appears not to have untill the actual plastic guard?
Yes! - As I wrote above I have been given the wrong mounting kit ( BAR-V-046 is the proper one whereas I have BAR-V-045 ). The seller is waiting for a new shipment to send me the replacement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts