Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I ordered a brake fluid reservoir from them, which was apparently shipped on 2 Feb. I haven't received the part yet.

I was interested to hear from anyone that had ordered parts from them, especially those in Australia.

Seems that a month is a long time to wait for parts these days, or is this normal for parts shipped from Germany to Australia?

I've sent them numerous emails in the last week or so, but haven't received a response as yet...

Thnaks,
JG

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I am currently waiting for footpegs + passenger footpeg bracket extenders to Finland.

It has been ~a week since my order. At least they seemed to respond well to emails at ordering time. Sent them a mail yesterday requesting a package tracking #, but have not heard back yet.

·
Registered
Joh Bloor Special
1,408 Posts
On 2007-02-28 01:58, JontyG wrote:
Hi,

I ordered a brake fluid reservoir from them, which was apparently shipped on 2 Feb. I haven't received the part yet.

I was interested to hear from anyone that had ordered parts from them, especially those in Australia.

Seems that a month is a long time to wait for parts these days, or is this normal for parts shipped from Germany to Australia?

I've sent them numerous emails in the last week or so, but haven't received a response as yet...

Thnaks,
JG
Hey Jonty.......I recently received a rack for my bike that came from Germany......took 29 days to get here, and some flush mount indicators from Canada......took 32 days to get here. I don't know why it took so long, but there it is.

·
Registered
629 Posts
On 2007-02-28 02:20, Martin_R wrote:
I am currently waiting for footpegs + passenger footpeg bracket extenders to Finland.

It has been ~a week since my order. At least they seemed to respond well to emails at ordering time. Sent them a mail yesterday requesting a package tracking #, but have not heard back yet.
You're in Finland? Or is someone just forwarding them to you from here? :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
My order arrived in a week or so after shipping. But I'm of course a bit closer than Oz :-D It took a while for them to register the bank transfer though.

[ This message was edited by: premier on 2007-02-28 05:57 ]

·
Registered
397 Posts
On 2007-02-28 05:56, premier wrote:
My order arrived in a week or so after shipping. But I'm of course a bit closer than Oz :-D It took a while for them to register the bank transfer though.
Yep, the worst thing about being so far away from Germany is it's nice and warm and we're busy riding while you are inside looking at your S3 and thinking about ice tyres. :-D :-D

AA

·
Registered
Joh Bloor Special
1,408 Posts
Yep, the worst thing about being so far away from Germany is it's nice and warm and we're busy riding while you are inside looking at your S3 and thinking about ice tyres. :-D :-D

AA
Geez you can be a bastard AA :-D

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey Leggie, I didn't mention the war!! :-D

Damb, I was lookin forward to buying some of that GSG gear.
I might have shot my self in the foot. :2guns:

Gosh it was 34deg C today! :-D

AA

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, wish I could share your enthusiasm with Aussie weather.

This was Canberra just a couple of days ago:

:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
JontyG, did you get your parts from GSG?

I'm still waiting for mine. Got word from GSG that my order was shipped on 1-Mar, but 9 days is quite a long time for stuff to get delivered from Germany to Finland. It's just a few hours by plane or 1 overnight by boat, so even if the delivery truck did a full European tour first, the package should be here already.

:???:

[ This message was edited by: Martin_R on 2007-03-09 09:05 ]

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I eBay'ed a mobile phone from Germany on 5th Decmber. It got here sometime mid January.
Guess the postie must've had really sore feet walking all the way from there to here.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On 2007-03-09 09:03, Martin_R wrote:
JontyG, did you get your parts from GSG?

I'm still waiting for mine. Got word from GSG that my order was shipped on 1-Mar, but 9 days is quite a long time for stuff to get delivered from Germany to Finland. It's just a few hours by plane or 1 overnight by boat, so even if the delivery truck did a full European tour first, the package should be here already.

:???:
Haven't received anything yet, and it's been about 35 days since they sent it. What bothers me most is that I've sent numerous emails to them asking for a tracking number, or to see if they can enquire about its whereabouts, but I haven't received a response to any of my emails. In fact, the last email I received was to say they had received payment and were shipping my goods on 2/2/07. Seems their post-sales customer service is somewhat lacking.

I will phone them if I haven't received it by the end of this coming week...now I just need to find someone that speaks German who would be prepared to make an enquiry on my behalf (I get the feeling from my previous email correspondence that their English is not great)

[ This message was edited by: JontyG on 2007-03-09 14:46 ]

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Finally got my items from GSG. All was as ordered and the stamps on the package were from 1-Mar as I was told earlier. So the GSG guys were not bullshitting me after all, it really took about 1 week+ for the payment to register and two weeks+ for the package to get to Finland.

This must be some kind of record in the time and age when payments & accounts have been electronic for 20+ years and delivery trucks, boats & planes are flying back & forth all day long. It's not like we are using some ancient "mail paper cheques, wait for them to clear, wait for one of the village elders to carry package to customer on a rowboat" method here.
:-D :hammer:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, so its now been about 50 days since my order was supposedly shipped by GSG, and there's still no sign of it :mad:

I realise it may not be GSG's fault, but I'm seriously pissed off that they don't respond to any of my emails.

I doubt I'll buy any of their products again, which is a shame cause they have some awesome looking stuff - or if I do, it won't be directly from them.

/rant over :hammer:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have ordered parts from Europe and Australia. The usual wait time is three weeks. It may have something to do with clearing customs. I pay with PayPal when I can to avoid the check or credit card clearing delay.

·
Registered
480 Posts
trust me i know how you feel i ordred some things in november and got them in january. They are by no means quick. But unfortuantly there stuff is wicked quality and i want more of it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It arrived!!! Almost 3 months after it was shipped, I finally got my f'ing reservoir :hammer:

Now I need to work out how to fitthe ***** thing...the instructions are in German... :???:

JT :cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts
yeah, i got the gsg front master cylinder and kellerman front turnsignals from british customs,
just got them last week....
took about 4-5 weeks for them to accumulate the parts and ship them on to me...
hell, i ordered the triumph carbon radiator cowls and heelguards
on jan 3;
got the rad cowls in march, the heelguards 1st week of APRIL....!!!! :hammer: :mad:
oh well, shes truly an international bike now... :cool:
well worth the wait, IMHO.... :wink:

·
Registered
114 Posts
hey jontyg....
its just retained by a snap ring...
at the base of the stock white plastic res theres a black
rubbery cover...
pull that up and away by hand....
that'll reveal the stock snapring...
then just remove the stocker....
gsg drops into place, NO rubber cover...
shove it down slightly to seat it and snapring it back into place...
if you do it right, you dont even have to bleed the brakes out, just refill the reservoir...
even with the snapring in place, the new cylinder will turn/ rotate by hand,
dont freak, seals just fine...
brakes are just perfect, no complaints, zero customizing necessary to install, a true drop-in mod...
and it LOOKS sick as hell.... :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts