Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to choose a tour/rental company for the classic Vegas, Death Valley, Monument Valley figure "9" route Vegas to LA or vice versa. I'd like to do it as a group tour, rather than have to worry about finding biker-friendly/secure accommodation, any breakdown issues etc.

Companies that offer it seem to be Eagle Rider, Ride Free, and Riding Route 66 - prices seem to vary between them by about $500.

Has anyone had good/bad experiences with these or any similar?

All feedback appreciated.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I just saw an article on Adv Rider describing motourismo dot com and their new tour organizing service. Not sure if they are active in that part of the US, but it might be worth your while to spend a few minutes on their website.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just saw an article on Adv Rider describing motourismo dot com and their new tour organizing service. Not sure if they are active in that part of the US, but it might be worth your while to spend a few minutes on their website.
Might be my isp, but that seems to be an empty site. I’ll try again later. Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
7,233 Posts
Riding the areas you are interested in are certainly well suited for touring solo... I know this because I have ridden those areas numerous times. Finding accommodations is not an issue at all. Yes, going on an organized tour takes care of all those arrangements but it comes at a considerable expense. I would recommend you fly into Las Vegas or Los Angeles, pick up a rental motorcycle, and hit the road. There will be a great number of other people from all over the globe doing the same.

I don't know when you are planning on coming over but last I heard if you were to consider renting from Eagle Rider they don't allow their Harleys to be ridden in Death Valley. Now this mandate may have changed, and it's possible it is based on the time of the year, but I have run into riders on Eagle Rider HD's and this is what I was told. MotoQuest is a great outfit and they rent adventure bikes all kitted out and perfect for touring in my opinion. Motorcycle Tours & Rentals - MotoQuest

Good luck and have a great time riding out West...

Bob

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you are considering Death Valley, please do yourself a favor and check wind conditions. When it blows it really blows hard, with destructive sand storms on the road in and out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Riding the areas you are interested in are certainly well suited for touring solo... I know this because I have ridden those areas numerous times. Finding accommodations is not an issue at all. Yes, going on an organized tour takes care of all those arrangements but it comes at a considerable expense. I would recommend you fly into Las Vegas or Los Angeles, pick up a rental motorcycle, and hit the road. There will be a great number of other people from all over the globe doing the same.

I don't know when you are planning on coming over but last I heard if you were to consider renting from Eagle Rider they don't allow their Harleys to be ridden in Death Valley. Now this mandate may have changed, and it's possible it is based on the time of the year, but I have run into riders on Eagle Rider HD's and this is what I was told. MotoQuest is a great outfit and they rent adventure bikes all kitted out and perfect for touring in my opinion. Motorcycle Tours & Rentals - MotoQuest

Good luck and have a great time riding out West...

Bob
Thanks - if I were coming alone, I'd do just that, but my wife is going to be pillion, and she starts worrying without a solid itinerary and contingency/recovery plan - all stuff I just don't have time for this year!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are considering Death Valley, please do yourself a favor and check wind conditions. When it blows it really blows hard, with destructive sand storms on the road in and out.
Yes - I've driven it a couple of times and experienced those. It's another reason I want to do it as a group tour this time - tracking all those variables can be the tour guide's job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts