Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Rats,

My name's Pete and I'm new to the forums but have been browsing for a while. I've been riding most of my life starting on a YZ60 as a young buck and moving up to bigger dirt bikes and eventually, my first on-road experience was with a Harley Soft tail that I got to ride around for about a year. Not my ideal bike, but I was bit by the bug of needing to get out and ride the coast thanks to that bike. I'd also like to have the option to hit the twisties on occasion which is what brings me to wanting a Triumph. My dad bought a new Bonneville a couple years ago which I've had a blast riding. Looking for a Thruxton now. Happy to have access to such a wealth of Triumph knowledge.

Cheers!

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy your search. The Thruxton is a sweet motorcycle. But don't discount the naked hooligans. A great motorcycle for occasionally hitting the twities in the hills but also tearing up the urban combat environment would be a Street Triple or Speed Triple. They might lack the historical flair of the Bonneville models but are the most fun to ride. Of course, they do encourage bad riding behaviour...

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts