Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just reacquired my 79 Bonneville from my brother which has been stored under his porch for the last five years in Esopus NY and brought it home to Pennsylvania. It was pretty neglected but I am in the process of restoring it. Got rid of a lot of rust and oxidation using Reynolds wrap and chrome polish, have it running, rebuilt the front caliper, replace a brake hose rear shocks, and have the back wheel being respoked. The gas tank is spidered and faded along with the side panels. The question is how far to go on restoration? Do I just get it as clean as possible or do I do a complete paint job. Seems to be two camps on this. Should I replace throttle and clutch cables or just lube them? Comments appreciated.

·
Administrator
19,458 Posts
The Classic, Vintage, and Veteran forum is where you can connect with riders and rebuilders of the classic Triumphs. Introduce yourself there, post photos of your '79 Bonneville, and engage the members there with your questions.

http://www.triumphrat.net/classic-vintage-and-veteran/

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts