Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have enjoyed lurking on this board, and am 99% sure the Sprint will be in my garage within the week.

I am a long time rider, most recently owning a very sweet little ZX12-R. I promised the wifey the crazy days were behind me, and sold it last fall.

Then the sun came out. :D

I just wanted to thank you all for your valuable input. The do-all Sprint with it's more relaxed riding position seems to be the one for this boy's wounded back, and needs for riding. I will read more just to complete my research!

Be safe!

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Welcome and nice bike to have had and a great bike to be coming to!

Enjoy and we like pics as soon as you can!:D

·
Premium Member
24,382 Posts
Welcome mat out

Hi and welcome to the forum PacNWRider:)

Where do you hail from friend?

You are right about the Sprint being a do all machine, it is indeed a most excellent all rounder.

If you have been lurking for a while you will no doubt know already that I ask all our noobs to please read our forum stickies.:p

Enjoy the forum and your new Sprint when it arrives:)

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi and welcome to the forum PacNWRider:)

Where do you hail from friend?

You are right about the Sprint being a do all machine, it is indeed a most excellent all rounder.

If you have been lurking for a while you will no doubt know already that I ask all our noobs to please read our forum stickies.

Enjoy the forum and your new Sprint when it arrives

cheers,
DaveM:cool:
Western Oregon

Yes, I have read the stickies :)

Trying to decide between the blue and the gray, and get the best deal I can. Looking at the TOR exhaust and tune (a must), and how much I will spend on all the mods :p

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Have you talked to Rod or Maryanne at Cycle Parts? Best people I know. Extremely honest and the best maintenance shop. Most prices are at or below internet.

Beave or duck?

Maybe we'll pass each other one day.

Don

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you talked to Rod or Maryanne at Cycle Parts? Best people I know. Extremely honest and the best maintenance shop. Most prices are at or below internet.

Beave or duck?

Maybe we'll pass each other one day.

Don
Yes, I did check with them. Gray is all they have. I now have my heart set on the new darker blue. Kept looking at '05-'06 models and it was a toss up on the color until I realized the newer blue was darker. I love that color!

I just moved here, and am just getting settled.

Thanks!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have enjoyed lurking on this board, and am 99% sure the Sprint will be in my garage within the week.

I am a long time rider, most recently owning a very sweet little ZX12-R. I promised the wifey the crazy days were behind me, and sold it last fall.

Then the sun came out. :D

I just wanted to thank you all for your valuable input. The do-all Sprint with it's more relaxed riding position seems to be the one for this boy's wounded back, and needs for riding. I will read more just to complete my research!

Be safe!
Did you consider a C14 ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you consider a C14 ?
I did. I have always wanted a Triumph, as my father had nothing but them and BSAs when I was a child.

I love the looks of the ST, and came so close to getting one when the '05 came out. I got such a good deal on my ZX12r that I couldn't pass it up at the time.

The C14 is a sweet unit, there is no doubt.

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Now Don has someone else to play with :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I did it :D

Got a good deal on a still-in-the-crate '08, blue, ABS model.

I had to search for a blue one, and to find one still in a crate was great, I thought. No showroom rash, or lazy legs dragging over the bags like I have seen lately.

Thanks for the help, guys!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
congratulations! and welcome! pictures?
Thanks! I picked it up today, and already put 200 miles on it. That is how far the dealer was from me :D

Trying to get the break in period out of the way! Having come from a ZX12R, it felt wimpy since I wasn't taking it above 5K.

TOR tune loaded at dealer before I left, and the Tridents will go on this weekend.

Here's a quick pic I snapped after rolling in today.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Lovely. You will love the Tridents, good luck with installing (as it can be a little challenging) but once they're on - :D:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts