Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently placed orders with New Bonneville and another main vendor on this site.
The orders were placed one day apart.
My NB order arrived yesterday. All items ordered were shipped, arrived in first class shape, AND, included a previously unnanounced 10% discount!
As for the order from the other vendor.....I have yet to receive even a notice of shipment or back order!
Please note: I am not saying that vendor #2 is performing in a sub-standard way. It is only by comparison to what NB did that they suffer.
Perhaps this is normal, or maybe not.
Either way, I am VERY pleased with the treatment I received from NB, and am reserving judgement on the other vendor.
When you do good, I think it's right to let that be known. Too often we only hear when someone has not done so well!
Bob

·
Registered
445 Posts
I Second

I had a flawless experience with NB as well when ordering my Dart screen. I'll be getting some M Bars from NB before the month is out.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The day after I got my bike I ordered a Dart screen, an oil change kit, and the AI removal kit from NB. I too, was quite pleased by how the order was expedited - just in time for the weekend and that first good going-over. :cool:

·
30,306 Posts
I have had good service from Newbonneville too, as well as British Cutoms. I have also heard good things about Triumph Performance USA and Bella Corse. We are lucky to have vendors like these supporting our motorcycling addictions!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Sounds like Brent hasn't changed any in over 4 years. I wish all of our vendors the best during these tough economic times.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
NB

Ordered a battery from Brent on thurs afternoon & it was @ my door on sat AM! NOW thats FAST!! Plus $20/ cheaper than the dealers here for a lesser battery! All my stuff from Brent has been fast! Even thru in a free calander on 1 order! Keep it up bro!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Good to hear.
I would expect service to improve as this depression moves in. The silver lining I guess you could call it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Glad you guys got good service from New Bonneville.
I ordered several things for my Bonneville this last Monday and haven't even received a shipping confirmation.
Nothing I ordered was out of the ordinary.
Seat and side cover quick screws, AI kit, 19T front sprocket.
I have tried to call the number on their website several times and only get a recording.
They have not responded to the messages I have left either.
No emails, no calls.
I'd like to know when my stuff will be here but I'm getting the silent treatment... :rolleyes:
My customers would be all over me if we operated like that!

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Brent at NB is fast to Reply if you send a E-mail. Always had fast service. :)

·
30,306 Posts
Brent has always been very good. He responds best to email, Xchoppers make sure you shoot him an email. He has always bent over backwards for folks.

Just bear in mind that anyone doing a ton of transactions is bound to get fouled up once in a while.

Brent is a diamond Geezer.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I ordered several things for my Bonneville this last Monday and haven't even received a shipping confirmation.
I have tried to call the number on their website several times and only get a recording.
No emails, no calls.
I'd like to know when my stuff will be here but I'm getting the silent treatment... :rolleyes:
I see where you've added a couple of Bonneville specific items to your website. Are you moving it that direction? Maybe it would help get your order from NB if you're not going to be the new competition. :p

FWIW, I've always received excellent customer service from Brent. He does have a few things on back order from time to time, so I email him to check availability before placing an order.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thats true email does work with him.Ordered on the 10th and emailed him on the 17th because didn't here or see anything, but my card was charged. He said sorry and just got my package today when I got home from work.It took awhile but the stuff looks good.

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
NB Service Not that Good!

No emails, no calls.
That being said, not everyone here has had a sterling NB experience. This is just some more evidence of his not so sterling service.

I'm not going to candy coat it or misguide other members into believing that his service is as great as being portrayed here. Quite a few members here have received marginal service from him.

Yes, I admit that emails telling you that the product is out of stock are forth coming but many times, it's been weeks to months before this has been realized. When they do, parts don't function as they were designed to or need modification to fit or work properly.

With that said, it's fair to state that the paying sponsors services are great, British Customs, Triumph Performance etc. and should be utilized and outwardly recognized for their constant comitment to the members as well as other.

Needless to say, there are specific rules against vendors coming here and advertising services without being a sponsor.

Let's don't forget this. I will give credit where it's due, especially to those vendors that have comitted their moneyand sponsership towards this site and been consistent with their services. In turn it's fair to let members know when a vendor isn't up to the par of the site sponsored vendor's.;) Such is the case of NB. You can claim or spout how good their services are but some of us have quit purchasing from NB because of just the opposite. That's the truth of it. Let the flames begin!:D

Cheers
Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've ordered things from NB on 3 occasions with great experiences all 3 times. Very fast shipping, packaging, and there's always candy included in the package.
...... I love candy.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Reason I'm broke: E - all of the above

I have ordered from NewBonneville, Bellacorse, and British-customs, each of which provided great service and communication. I have also ordered from MADSS and Triumphperformance without so much as a snag in the process. While I recognize I may be fortunate, I like to think I'm being realistic to recognize that this will not always be the case and the service/communication will not always be the greatest. We all are bound to have one or two encounters that leave us with a 'not so great' taste in our mouth.
IMHO...with as much as I'm willing to invest financially and emotionally into this passion of mine, and with such specialty parts/services that I'm looking for to complete my "genuine" vision, I'm surprised at the opportunity/options available to me. For this reason, I would like to thank each of these specialty vendors for helping me to see my vision, as well as contributing to one of the greatest joys in my life. I would be remiss to think others would not feel the same.
For those that have ordered once or twice and had bad times, I'm sorry to hear that. For those that have ordered multiple times from the same vendors, and had one or two bad times, it might be easier for us to see past those negative experiences in lieu of the positive ones. It doesn't change your negative experiences. But much like everything else in life, some perspective is necessary.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Amazing how you live in Texas and you still haven't got your order filled. ;)

Cheers
Jeff:motorbike2:
Whether you live in the same state as the vendor or not has nothing to do with their ability to fill an order.
It may however, have a little something to do with availability of the part(s) on the order, poo-poo head.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Things are looking up! :D
My parts arrived today.
The tracking number said my package wouldn't be here until Wednesday so I'm happy and surprised it got here today.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.