Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to make a quick post to make sure that everyone has noticed how much work Paul has been doing lately to organize and improve our little portion of the TriumphRat Forum.

Additionally, I want to than you, Paul, for being such an attentive and dedicated moderator. Not only have you worked long and hard on the forum itself, but you are also usually one of the first to welcome people, post helpful advice or answer technical questions.

If everyone could please stand and applaud ....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just joined a couple days ago but he has already offered me more help then I ever woud've gotten anywhere else.

Thanks alot paul I think I'll be sticking around here for a while.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
geez guys , i think it's about time he earned his keep around here ;)

personally what i like about his moderation is his "hands off" approach . unless there's something really inflammatory , he just let's things flow . some moderators are just so anal that they stifle the flow of information and the ....what's the word i'm looking for ...camaraderie ?

hey , he hasn't banned me yet so he's ok in my book :)

·
Banned
44 Posts
standing ovation

Granpaul...............hip hip hooray for grand paul....Speaking of the other forumds and grand paul being a good guy, Don't go over to the jalopy journal, they are so tight -assed about how you post i'm surprized anyone stays there. jmo:mad:

·
Registered
643 Posts
+1. I used to hang in the Speed Triple forum all the time, but I've now learned to come to this one first and foremost.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Having never met the guy , l have this mental image of him. Rugged sunbaked face, long white beard and 'tache, fingers stained with castrol 20/50 and Camels, Gene Romero tshirt, caked Dickies jeans and married to a cher lookalike. How close am l ??. Or what is your image, don't answer if you know him!. or her ( l am in p/c UK).

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'll also join the chorus: GPZ is like the old guy who just seems to know it all, that's why you ask him in the first place. And thanks to the web and his goodwill, he can help out globally :)

So three cheers from me as well!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
"GPZ is like the old guy" excuse me :) unless i'm mistaken he's younger than my 53 yrs .

·
Registered
95 Posts
...metaphorically the old guy :) Besides:

-I own a motorcycle that's 7 years older than me, and generally my motorcycle is considered old, so that makes 38+ years to be old :)

Flawless thinking :)

-V

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ditto

Having a couple of different bikes and hence visiting different forrums, I wholeheartedly agree that accolades are way overdue.
Here's one guy saying thank you!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Everyone,

Paul is really a fixture of these pages and one of the reasons I
joined the forum. He always seems to be on top of everything.
So yes Paul deserves a big Thanks.

Pookybear

·
Super Moderator
13,270 Posts
Wow. Thanx for all the positive feedback; I just like messing with old bikes in every way they can be messed with, including talking about 'em on forums.

thekeyman: Sally's nose isn't as big as Cher's, (and she's a tad shorter), and I don't smoke (although I smoked a few Camels back in the 70s when I was in the Navy); other than that, you nailed it.

Now, y'all can put your good thoughts into action and check the photo threads to be sure your pix made it over the the appropriate sections, or re-post them if not.

Then, do some back-searching and see if I missed any good tech threads that should be linked and moved to the tech sub-section, and the same thing goes for the member projects that I might have missed.

Lastly, take the previous positive comments in this thread together, multiply them by several hundred, and heap them upon YOURSELVES. This forum wouldn't be doodly-squat without each one of YOU.

thanx.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
well done and many thanks. You sure have been a great helping hand. RR

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great job... but what happen to the thread with all the photos?

·
Registered
767 Posts
I echo all these comments 100%. I consider myself lucky to get my first 60s Bonnie and find this forum at the same time with a guy like GPZ running it.

I must also say thanks to all the other people who also been very helpful with information. I've been involved in many forums and this must be the only one I have ever been involved with where I have not seen one bad comment or mean-spirited post posted against a fellow member. very very rare.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Whoops... I guess I should of looked a little closer before I asked. I see the photos are now divided into categories. Great idea!

Great job... but what happen to the thread with all the photos?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts