Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandad gave me a motorcycle. He kept telling me how great it was back in the day.. I finally got it this last weekend, and it turns out it is this crappy old, one-cylinder peice of crap. It's only a 500cc- must be a girls bike or a beginner bike, cause all my friends have GSX-R 1100's! He got it running, but I swear the only time I can get the old fossile to run is if we tow it behind my buddies truck and pop the clutch. The starter button does nothing!

Here's what I have in store for this old peice of crap:

-I already have the exhaust wrap on order
-bought a harbor freight mig welder- I'm gonna chop off any un-needed weight off the frame, and weld it into a hard tail- just like OCC!!! I've never welded before, but it can't be too hard- and this is an old bike anyways if I screw it up.
-I stripped out the handlebar ends that are attached to the fork legs- so they are junk anyways. I'm gonna weld on some ape-hangers!
-I plan to hammer in some knee holders into the gas tank- just saw Jesse James do this on TV and it didn't look too hard.
-Will rattle can spray paint it- a true rat rod!

Also, Think this old relic will do a wheelie?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Adding pics - sorry about the glare in the first one- we set it on fire to get it all-blacked out..

[image]bsa1.JPG[/image]

->This picture was taken right after we wrecked it trying to jump start it, and my buddy dragged it a good 50 feet on it's side. hahahhahahaha Look at our faces- we didn't even care!!!

[image]bsa2.JPG[/image]

--> Old a$$ frame, meet my dad's new Plasma cutter!!! Boo-Yah!!!!!!

[image]bsa3.JPG[/image]

--->Gave up on welding after Jeff got burned bad.. We JB-Welded that b1tch!

[image]jbweld.JPG[/image]

---->We reveal the bike to grandpa step 1

[image]bsa4.JPG[/image]

----->Step 2. Uh-oh, looks like he is pissed!! Why? Guess not everyone is kewl enough to recognize a Super dope Rat Rodz bobber!

[image]oldnmad.JPG[/image]

In case anyone is wondering the above is all a joke! I'd never do that to a BSA Gold Star!!! Just figured, you hear so much about people chopping/bobbing so many otherwise cherry old bikes, and no one ever complains. I figured I'd write a fictional "Worst idea ever!" to see how many people get freaked out!! :)

Once again- no Gold Stars were hurt in the production of the above fictional message!

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
I'm still wondering if this is a bad joke.

Where're the pics Dude?

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
Pics or it's really a Honda XR500.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Posting pictures on an internet forum is not nearly as difficult as restoring and maintaining a vintage English motorcycle. Good luck. ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys- was only kidding- a fictional story about someone heartlessly chopping up a Gold Star to get a rise outta folks, and prompt some funny responses.. :)

H

·
0 Posts
Guys- was only kidding- a fictional story about someone heartlessly chopping up a Gold Star to get a rise outta folks, and prompt some funny responses.. :)
I am really sorry about this son but. As a representative of the old fart grandpa riders association, I put the hit out on ya when I read the first sick entry. Now that I know you were just trying to get a rise from us old farts and you never even had a grandpa to give you a BSA I decided to leave the hit in place. No matter where you are, where you go or what changes you make to your looks, some day, some future time some old fart is going to get you. And there are a lot of us.:cool:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I am really sorry about this son but. As a representative of the old fart grandpa riders association, I put the hit out on ya when I read the first sick entry. Now that I know you were just trying to get a rise from us old farts and you never even had a grandpa to give you a BSA I decided to leave the hit in place. No matter where you are, where you go or what changes you make to your looks, some day, some future time some old fart is going to get you. And there are a lot of us.:cool:

Ya wait long enough and he'll be one. Does that mean he has to take himself out at that point?

H

·
0 Posts
Ya wait long enough and he'll be one. Does that mean he has to take himself out at that point?

Well yes. If it hasn't been done by then and he draws the notice. That is the cost of joining the old farts association. You'll get your chance Unk.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Now this thread's not "worthless"

Is this it?

Cause this sick puppy's just screamin' fer pipe wrap, car tires, an some super fresh hacksaw modifications. Only then would such a sorry machine be worthy of an old fart peek-a-torium like.. oh, I don't know... maybe Barber?

Hey Hap! Get me that hit-line phone number. There might be some other dudes around here who need an "education".

Your friend Nort

H

·
0 Posts
Is this it?

Hey Hap! Get me that hit-line phone number. There might be some other dudes around here who need an "education"

Your friend Nort
That's really funny. Dog told me you were a founding father in the old farts association.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I think I may have found it.

Seems awfully disrespectful of ya. Didn't have the sack to try it while he was alive huh. Oh well. RIP to Gpa and the bike...

H

·
0 Posts
I think I may have found it.

Seems awfully disrespectful of ya. Didn't have the sack to try it while he was alive huh. Oh well. RIP to Gpa and the bike...
Yep, that's the one but useless now. Hooligan has proclaimed a thread fail. We are doomed before we began.:(

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
That guy looks like Tony Soprano.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts