Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you will remember my black 2005 Rocket, Grace, which I could just never bring myself to accessorize. Although Rocket captains by definition have impeccable taste, I never had enough faith in my ability to come up with something that would look as good as I always felt she deserved. I probably shouldn't have worried, because the Rocket looks good no matter what.

Her new owner made a few accomodations over the summer so that he and his wife could take day trips in greater comfort, however, and when he rode her to work yesterday I finally got to see the results, below.

Every bike in the county was out enjoying our one day of perfect weather for this month, and it just demonstrated to me that the Rocket, in any stage of dress, is the classiest one of the lot.

John

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
I put the sissy bar on my 2005 R3 it is not bad and it is really functional for trips. I also have removeable saddlebags. (for trips only) I agree that too much is not good. I have a bug screen.......I could not bring myself to put a fairing on. Just my personal taste. :hammer:

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
> Do you miss her enough to make you think about getting another one someday?

Absolutely. I've been following the new model introductions keenly. As soon as my entrepreneurial fever has subsided, and/or the project is making enough money to where I can not have to sweat monthly payments to get another Rocket, it is definitely on the agenda.

If I had my druthers, the garage would house a touring Rocket and a Daytona 675, in addition to the Triumphs still in there. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts