Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Triumph Grab Rail and Sissy Bar are mounted on the same chrome frame loop? If yes, is the Sissy Bar available without the chrome frame loop (I already have a grab rail installed)? My GF has asked for some back support on longer rides. I'm looking for an unobtrusive alternative to buying a Corbin seat with a backrest. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
They are two separate items. the grab rail is one in it self
and the sissy bar is one in it self.
Bill

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes! No! Couldn't help myself on that one. They both use the same frame loop, but you can't buy the grab rail or back support as separate items. It only comes with the frame rail. I have the same problem in reverse.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drat! $280 is an awful lot of loot, but it looks like it is going to be the most cost effective way I'll be able to do what I want to do. Man, thats how they get ya. Oh well, at least it'll be easy to switch back and forth.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Look around for used!e bay and bike forum For Sale setion .I got a used ,like new grab rail (already had sissy bar and bottom rail) for like ,dirt cheap.FWIW the tall triumph sissy bar works pretty well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts