Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a fender elimination kit for my 2010 Thrux. I have the Triumph factory accessory grab rail installed so the wife has something secure to hold on to. I'm not sure how this will look with a FEK. Does anyone out there have pics of this combination installed?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I tried it the grab rail with my BC FEK. The rail ended up hiding the brake light and didn't look right at all. Ended up taking the grab rail off.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, my Initial concern was that it wouldn't look right. I guess I need to decide if I want the bike to look good or if I want the wife to join me on the occasional two up ride. I suppose with the FEK it's pretty simple to take the grab bar on and off.

I'm in La Mesa, how about you?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Carmel Valley

Someone from La Mesa just posted a grab rail on CL. Was that you? :)

There's a local Cafe Racer Meetup group if you're interested. We ride every other weekend.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Why not just buy an extra seat that's more passenger friendly? With a pair of extended seat bolts you can change seats about as easy as taking the seat cowl on and off. Corbin makes a nice two-up seat, but it's pricey. Triumph makes a King & Queen seat, but it's pricey and fugly.

If you want something cheap, good used Bonneville seats are fairly plentiful and can often be found for around 100 bucks. There's a good deal more room on the back of a Bonnie seat than there is on the back of a Thrux seat. Maybe that would be enough to make the wife feel more secure.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why not just buy an extra seat that's more passenger friendly? With a pair of extended seat bolts you can change seats about as easy as taking the seat cowl on and off. Corbin makes a nice two-up seat, but it's pricey. Triumph makes a King & Queen seat, but it's pricey and fugly.

If you want something cheap, good used Bonneville seats are fairly plentiful and can often be found for around 100 bucks. There's a good deal more room on the back of a Bonnie seat than there is on the back of a Thrux seat. Maybe that would be enough to make the wife feel more secure.
That's a great suggestion, road dog. Unfortunately I've already got a stock Bonnie seat that we use for riding two up. Wifey didn't feel secure holding just me or the strap so the grab rail proved to be just the trick. Unless I can retrain her I'm probably stuck with something back there for her to hold on to.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Carmel Valley

Someone from La Mesa just posted a grab rail on CL. Was that you? :)

There's a local Cafe Racer Meetup group if you're interested. We ride every other weekend.
That wasn't me, I'll probably keep this one for a while either way.

Wouldn't mind joining a ride on occasion if you want to PM me with some info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts