Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
l need the bolts to fit my new Grabhandle, a genuine Triumph alloy one, as l have tired of looking at it. Have l told you how sexy it looks. Anyone know the parts number for them before l start ringing around, chromed bolts of course. many thanks

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
IIRC they are just standard M8 bolts - go to a fastener supplier and get some with a head style of your choice in stainless - pull one of the fender support bolts that you will be replacing and take it with you - you just want something about 1/2" or so longer.

Triumph will charge you an arm and a leg for each bolt - seriously, they usually charge for 1 bolt what you can buy a box for at the fastener suppliers.

·
Read Only
296 Posts
Hi Keyman.

I have some in my box of bolts i think. I'll bring them along tomorrow with the indicators.

IIRC the standard ones should be long enough though.

Wayne

·
Registered
199 Posts
?

I'm a little confused here - doesn't the grab handle fasten using the existing bolts on the fender rail on which the turn signal is mounted? If you don't have those bolts, what's the turn signal fastened to? Or is it that the stock bolts are too short to accomodate the extra thickness caused by adding the grab bar?

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Or is it that the stock bolts are too short to accomodate the extra thickness caused by adding the grab bar?
Thats it - hence my suggestion to take one of those bolts to his local fastener supplier and ask for some longer ones.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
The ones fitted to my Exgirlfriends T'bird are conical headed .
Yes the stock ones were, They look the nicest, but most head shapes will work. Your local fastener supply should be able to get you the same as stock if thats what you desire - it is a standard bolt shape... incidentally I replaced all my external engine bolts with that style head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts