Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

I want to get away from using a handlebar mounted RAM system for my GPS and mount the unit above the gauges on my 2015 Tiger XCX.

What are the options??? Has anyone found a suitable mount that attaches behind the instruments at all???

cheers

·
Registered
187 Posts
https://www.motorradgarage.com.au/bike-specific-gps-mounts/1395-gps-cockpit-mount-triumph-tiger-800-xc-xcx-xrx

If you're on Facebook, contact Andy Harmston (in the UK). He makes/ships worldwide.

Sat-nav mounts for pre 2018 (pre tft screen) available. Extremely easy to fit. Mount your sat nav or phone case above your dash. Much safer than being mounted low out of your line of vision. Extremely strong cnc machined. Many already sold worldwide with excellent feedback (thank you all ��)
£25 +£3 p&p UK and £6 p&p Europe.
Postage prices for rest of the world on request.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not seeing anyone who has a SW-Motech GPS mount on a Givi AF6401, I decided to take a chance. They're currently on sale for $58 shipped from Twisted throttle (USA) and it would be easy enough to return if it didn't fit. But, it fit perfectly ! I installed the SW-M mount in front of the Givi shield mount, as this is the only way it fits w/out grinding down the edges of the SW-M mount. The extra couple mm's thickness of the SW-M bracket made no difference in windshield alignment install. The photo makes it look like the RAM arm/ball is up against the windscreen, but their is easily a 1" gap between them. Plus, the GPS sits about an inch outward from the gauge. Quite happy :)
https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-gps-mounting-kit-for-triumph-tiger-800-11-14-tiger-800-xc-11-16-tiger-800-xcx-15-16-tiger-800-xca-15-16-tiger-800-xr-15-16-tiger-800-xrx-15-16-tiger-800-xrt-16

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I received the new mount a couple of days ago, fixing points are the lower screen pivot points at the front of the instrument panel and the screen mounts on the side of the headlight mounting position. Finish is top notch and the mount itself fits very securely in place, allowing ad-on's to sit above the gauges, without any vibration.

Ill take some photos over the next week or so and post up, but pretty much its as per the advertising blurb and photos on the SRC site. They were vey quick in getting the item to me, about a week from the States to Aus.

Very happy with the service and standard of manufacturing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just fount a pretty trick solution for my Tiger - I sourced the parts from TackForm.com The mounting bracket just fits nicely on the lower windshield bracket -

**** edited - I hate how the photos end up loading sideways - sorry

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Along with the SRCMoto bracket, I've now purchased a touratech lockable cradle for my TomTom GPS. The whole rig (bracket) is now secure at four points to the headlight mounts and the GPS can be left on the bike when away (for short periods only..... locks only keep honest people out of course). The Touratech cradle utilises the TomTom powersupply which I have hardwired to the battery so not reliant on switchable power. I do intend to put a switch into the hardwiring to isolate the cradle when not in use though..... yes it does seem ironic.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Along with the SRCMoto bracket, I've now purchased a touratech lockable cradle for my TomTom GPS. The whole rig (bracket) is now secure at four points to the headlight mounts and the GPS can be left on the bike when away (for short periods only..... locks only keep honest people out of course). The Touratech cradle utilises the TomTom powersupply which I have hardwired to the battery so not reliant on switchable power. I do intend to put a switch into the hardwiring to isolate the cradle when not in use though..... yes it does seem ironic.

So, all mounted and tested now, SRC Base Mount, Tourateck TomTom securing mechanism and with the TomTom attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not seeing anyone who has a SW-Motech GPS mount on a Givi AF6401, I decided to take a chance. They're currently on sale for $58 shipped from Twisted throttle (USA) and it would be easy enough to return if it didn't fit. But, it fit perfectly ! I installed the SW-M mount in front of the Givi shield mount, as this is the only way it fits w/out grinding down the edges of the SW-M mount. The extra couple mm's thickness of the SW-M bracket made no difference in windshield alignment install. The photo makes it look like the RAM arm/ball is up against the windscreen, but their is easily a 1" gap between them. Plus, the GPS sits about an inch outward from the gauge. Quite happy :)
https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-gps-mounting-kit-for-triumph-tiger-800-11-14-tiger-800-xc-11-16-tiger-800-xcx-15-16-tiger-800-xca-15-16-tiger-800-xr-15-16-tiger-800-xrx-15-16-tiger-800-xrt-16
Do you know by any chance if it will let mount a cellphone in vertical position? Not sure if there will be enough clearance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts