Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Recently bought a Sprint ST and looking to fit a GPS for those longer rides.

Where have others placed theirs without it interfering?

I've just been looking at a mount that sits on top of the M8 bolt in the main stem but it seems awful central on the console.

Any thoughts or ideally pictures of how you've fixed your own would be appreciated.

Darren (in Scotland)

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

·
3,100 Posts
Hi Darren. I have a Garmin mounted on a RAM mount clutch perch set up as shown in these photos. My bars would be different than yours, but the short extension I use allows the GPS to be set up in a variety of spots from the clutch perch. I'm super happy with this location.

Reactions: DaveM and dstevo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Darren. I have a Garmin mounted on a RAM mount clutch perch set up as shown in these photos. My bars would be different than yours, but the short extension I use allows the GPS to be set up in a variety of spots from the clutch perch. I'm super happy with this location.
Cheers MHS,

That's more what I'm after than the central mounts.

Just wasn't convinced there was enough space on the bars. I'll take another look at it

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

·
3,100 Posts
Well the clutch perch mount doesn't take up any bar space. It replaces the part of the clutch perch "clamp/bracket" that faces the rider. It's a pretty slick little piece actually.

This is RAM's part number: RAM-B-309-1U

·
Registered
23 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts