Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Get me one of these. After I turned my 97' T595 into a speed triple and selling her :brick: I just gotta have another, lighter, smaller and plenty of power.

Ps The demo fleet will be at Steel Dreams in Fayetteville next Friday and Saturday 20-21 of March.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got to sit on the St-3 and Sp-3 and the St-3 seems to just fit my 6' 215 pound frame a little better. It also feels way lighter.
I think with the right mods this could be one of the nicest street bike out there. Does anyone have dyno numbers for the mods they've done.
What kind of insurance rates are you'll getting on the St-3?
PS can't wait to test them next Friday :D

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
So far as insurance, that varies too widely by age, location, driving record, credit rating, and the phase of the moon for anyone else's numbers to be meaningful in your own situation.

Don't just go with one company because somebody else got a good deal there! It doesn't mean you will. You always have to do your own shopping for insurance, because the results vary so widely.

If you want to read some of what's been said here in the past and/or carry on further discussion about insurace, though, I recommend these threads:
Insurance Premiums for the Street Triple
Insurance Madness

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
You know, by previously linking a couple of the existing insurance threads, I was kind of hinting that further questions or comments on insurance should go into one of them, rather than hijacking this one into yet another insurance thread. I've moved the half-dozen or so subsequent insurance posts into the Insurance Madness topic, in case you're looking for them.

(For the record, I'm currently doing that annual shopping chore myself again, thanks to two of my bikes being in Kansas this year but one remaining in Georgia--and a new Georgia law has changed how uninsured motorist coverage works, on top of all that. Madness seems about the best description for the insurance buying process in the best of circumstances, anyway.)

Enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts