Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just washed my bike today. Particularily spent a lot of time on the rims and spokes. My bike looked awesome. After blowing it off with the leaf blower and the final wipe with paper towels I go out for a quick ride to get any residual water off of the bike and engine. Great weather today - finally. I park in the driveway to go inside and change and do a quick clean in the garage. When I come back outside I notice the driveway all wet. When I get around to where I can see, my three year old son is standing there hosing down my bike, tools, cleaning bucket and anything he can basically see. At first I started to get mad but quickly remembered he was just trying to help. On the bright side, it reminded me to turn off the hose and unhook the hose from the house before it freezes again this weekend (a potentially much bigger headache of bursted pipes going into the house). So I re-dried the bike and went for another spin!

So the question is - what kind of funny or not so funny incidents with your bike have you encountered with kids? Your own little darlings or not!

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Well...!

I put an off-road SS pipe on my bonnie. Much wider bore than the oem pipe.

I park my bike in the garage.

My darling children go into said garage to find sidewalk chalk - you know that fat thick stuff for drawing on sidewalks!

Doesn't one of them figure that the chalk could fit down the exhaust pipe, and doesn't he just go and do that.

I go for ride. The bike is hard to start. Maybe the battery is deadish. I buy a battery tender and recharge battery.

Bike starts, but unwillingly.

Just so happens I've booked into some advanced training at the racetrack. I have to keep the revs high to get there but figure the problem will just go away.

Problem gets worse throughout the day. Bike starts stalling and falling over during slow speed manoeuvers.

I hurt hip and scratch bike. My ego is bruised. Battery dies., Need pushing by the trainers.

Finally get the bike home and strip it down. Find 3" piece of chalk lodged down in the bottom of the header as it rises to the exhaust.

Dad angry. Kids hide!

·
30,296 Posts
You see - I used to do that kind of crap to my poor Dad.

This is why I stayed single. Well, one of the reasons anyway! It's not entirely self enforced - the female population of the world are resolute in helping me stay that way too! :D

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
I hurt hip and scratch bike. My ego is bruised. Battery dies., Need pushing by the trainers............!

Written off by your own offspring, chalk that one up, kids 1 Dad zero !

I suppose you are now going to patent that restrictor, sell it to state governments as an answer to high power motorcycles and retire after making a fortune. "I owe it all to my kids !"

--------------
Ride on ! :)

p.s. want to buy some of my patented anti-chalk pipe netting ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
handprint

My nephew Jake has had it bad for bikes since the first time he saw one. One time when I visited my brother and his family, I had just washed and waxed the bike and Jake's mom sat him on the seat. It was fascinating to watch the expression on his face while this infant studied the bike. He really wasn't even a toddler yet. Anyway, he put a perfect handprint on my freshly waxed tank and that handprint was still there when I got back home 408 miles later.

I washed and waxed around that handprint until I got caught out in a thunderstorm weeks later and the handprint was gone for good.

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Wheat enjoy your son especially at this young age. The time goes by like a flash. I have three sons my youngest is 19 and my oldest is 33. I still have trouble believing they have all grown up. I had my first son when I was 19. I miss the days when they were children. That was a very special time.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Lee. Jude (my 3 yr old son) and I are sitting on the sofa. He has his little baseball mit and ball. Pretty darn cute.

Haggis that is a pretty intense story with the chalk. I hate when the chalk is left out in the driveway and then it rains. I couldn't imagine finding it in my exhaust. Let alone it made you tip your bike in the slow maneuvering! Man thats rough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts