Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The triumph test ride semi-trailer was in town today and I had the chance to ride a Rocket III as well as sit on the new Tiger. You couldn’t ride the Tiger but you could sit on it. The first thing I noticed was how deceptively large the bike seems until you sit on it, the bike feels extremely lite (I mean lite). I am contributing the feel of the bike being light to the low center of gravity of the motor. I have approximately a 31 inch inseam and sitting on the bike I just get both feet down flat. The seat is really comfortable and the suspension you can tell is plush, the suspension compresses a good inch and half to two inches when you sit on it (and I'm only 180 lbs.). I like the riding position a lot, the bars are perfect height and the foot pegs place your legs in a comfortable position. I did not like the fact that when both feet are down, like at a stop, the foot pegs are inline with your legs and your inner calf somewhat rests on the pegs. Might just take some getting used to. As for the pillion height and position, the lead rider on the test ride had an '06 and when next to the '07 the pillion height really is not much higher, I don't think it would take that much more effort to get on or off of the '07 as with previous years. I believe it is just the perception because of the style and lines of the bike, since the rear of the bike projects at an upward angle. The pillion pegs though are a bit higher and will cause the pillion to bend their knees a bit more. Now the look of the bike in person is something. Most everyone around the bike kept saying how attractive it was in person compared to pics, I have to agree. Man, I sure wanted to start her up and just take off. :-D I CAN NOT WAIT FOR MINE TO GET HERE!

[ This message was edited by: OKCTriple on 2006-11-11 22:16 ]

·
Registered
616 Posts
Glad to know you're ok with the seat height. I'm 31" inseam as well. Seems you and I are the only 2 who've committed sight unseen and now you've seen it!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
OKC

Must been my imagination then when my wife who can hop on and off our 01 without the slightest problem,struggled with the 07!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Winger,

I'm just stating my observation in height difference between the '06 that was there and the '07. The pegs on the '07 are definately higher which would make it harder to get on the '07 for the pillion. However, the actual position and seat height appeared to be real close to that of the '06.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Playin,

Glad to see someone else step on out there. You know I was talking to my salemen at the event yesterday and he is pretty sure that there may be enough adjustmemt to the rear shock that you could lower it up too .6 inches. That would be nice, that way people with shorter legs could ride the Tiger and guys like us would not have to worry about the pegs poking us in the inner calves.

Any idea when to expect your Tiger?

[ This message was edited by: OKCTriple on 2006-11-13 06:51 ]

·
Registered
616 Posts
My dealer thinks it will be January. Mine is the only one he's sold to date which kind of surprises me. A couple of friends are waiting until mine arrives before they make their decision.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On 2006-11-12 16:35, playinthestreet wrote:
My dealer thinks it will be January. Mine is the only one he's sold to date which kind of surprises me. A couple of friends are waiting until mine arrives before they make their decision.

Yep, I guess we're the guinee pigs (spelled right?).

·
Registered
679 Posts
On 2006-11-12 21:27, OKCTriple wrote:
On 2006-11-12 16:35, playinthestreet wrote:

Yep, I guess we're the guinee pigs (spelled right?).
Close enough...guinea

I am afraid to go look at one because I will be hard pressed to keep my powder dry until the 675 arrives (hope, hope :wink: )

[ This message was edited by: pigpen955 on 2006-11-13 16:38 ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts