Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got taken down by the dreaded white van man Monday morning.

Its Monday morning mayhem on the M25 “the road to nowhere “ filtering through about seven miles slow to stationary traffic heading for the Dartford crossing at low speed with my hi beam on and as I pass the van he pull into me heading for the outside lane no indication and I’m almost certain he already had no glass in his door mirror.

I make contact with his driver’s door at the mid point grooving his door and wheel arch with my Thunderbike engine bars and went down on the right side.
The damage to the Tiger is both engine bars scratched left hand mirror, indicator smashed and a large scratch on my top box.

So there I am laying on by back in the outside lane of the M25 with the world looking out of there car windows white van pulls over to the hard shoulder and he and a lorry driver help me move the bike every body else sits and looks on wankers the lot of them.

Van man “you came out of nowhere” no had that been the case instead me and the tiger laying down along side you we would have been of down the carriageway on our arses and under the back of the car in front!

One small grazes to my left leg and that’s it so I’m thanking my lucky stars helmet didn’t make contact Triumph textiles trousers a couple of marks on the left knee over the armour and my Spidi jacket seems unmarked Altbergs likewise.
Not a good start to the working week but could have been so much worse.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Jeeeez, sorry mate, lucky you werent pushed off in front of another myopic cage driver.

Hope you and your bike are okay and back on the road to hell soon.

Keep riding, be lucky:D

·
Registered
387 Posts
Glad that there is nothing seriously damaged, particularly you, kind of shakes you up a bit doesn't it.

It’s amazing how invisible you are when they do stuff like that "didn't see" in my book means "DIDN'T LOOK" in this kind of case.

I am still waiting to get a claim settled from 15th April this year, best of luck getting it sorted. I wasn't even filtering, I was in my very own lane with no-one else around me when I got slamed, fortunately, like you I was going pretty slow at impact. God save us from the terminally careless.

Keep the rubber side down & the wheels turning.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got taken down part2

Bike is only damaged cosmetically the bars and the pannier rack just scuffed up.
Did a quick roadside check then low speed run along the hard shoulder and off to work only half an hour late in.
Felt a bit strange for the rest of the morning and London with a mirror missing is a pain but it all could have been so much worse.
Fitted a spare indicator lens last night and ordered a replacement mirror from sprint engineering.
My insurance are on the case but its always a slow process there confident of his liability so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The main thing is, your OK !! you can always replace a bike ( even our beloved Tiggers ) skin and bone is a hellova lot harder to replace. hope he was insured and yer Tigger gets fixed up good as new. get the bike checked over by dealer just incase somethings out of line.

KK

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got taken out 3

Thanks guys
The bike feels/checks out fine and I’ve covered another 250miles since the accident.
The bars really did the business
I had only been thinking that given the high mileage I’m covering again it doesn’t help my odds for some sort of off.

Funny thing is I was being extra careful as I had new tyres fitted on Friday and only had 40 miles on them + I’d left my HiVis at work on Friday.

Sprint manufacturing got a replacement mirror to me today so that will make tomorrows ride into London town much easier.
While I am confident the insurance will sort its self out it all takes way to long no forms yet and no phone call as promised.

Kenny I have to say I have little faith in dealers at the best of times and in these cases the are going to ere so far on the side of caution its not true.
If it hadn’t been the outside lane of the M25 it wasn’t much more that a drop, bloody annoying/frightening though and total not to be recommended!!

Regards SteveH

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Steve...just catching up and saw this!

What a complete arse!..M25 living up to it's name again!

Just relieved you are not injured badly mate...... bloody white van drivers and as for those tossers that just sat there in their cages watching you laying in the road *!****!!!s

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers Jim I’m fine and the bikes just got a few scars it will heal!
Pete your probable right mate but given my route A12, M25, A2 and the pedestrians walking out through the traffic once I get into town the new cyclist to frightened to look behind before changing lanes, articulated buses that change lanes when you half way past because they can, black cabs with indicator as an optional extra and so on. Any little trick that may save any one from injury is worth a shot.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts