Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Very nice. My 07 has a black engine. I wonder if that's just a difference in markets or something.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Nice one Beena!!

You still grinnin'???

Now prepare for the path of the never ending modding!!
And the never ending spending to go with it!!

You know you need to!!

V.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh hell yeah i'm still grinning :) Even after three hours in the saddle I still wanted to go for more. I'm not into the modding thing and I like it just a it is - less modding, more riding for me.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Oh hell yeah i'm still grinning :) Even after three hours in the saddle I still wanted to go for more. I'm not into the modding thing and I like it just a it is - less modding, more riding for me.
That's what you say...now. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is on an 07 plate I assure you. Must have been registered late or something.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Congratulations!
Nice!
I always have liked the sound of the 270 Scramber w/ TOR's!
Carry on mate!

·
30,525 Posts
Wise words - Scramadamadocious mate, quite literally bikemongous!

(a little Mike Smash and Dave Nice anybody? :D)

·
Registered
184 Posts
You bloody ripper, Beena! Congratulations.

Like you, I can't but help pulling the clutch and giving the throttle a twist to hear those TORs - by the sounds of your misses giggles it appears she was suitably impressed as well - :D

Enjoy the bike, mate.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
English Scram

what a perfect start on 09, and lucky you with no icy winterroads:eek:

RideOn:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm really pleased with how the TORS sound. After reading some comments on this forum about them my expectations where pretty low as to how loud they would be compared to the standard pipes. Some people have said that they aren't loud enough for them and even that they aren't much different fro the standard ones. All I can say is that they must have them installed incorrectly or something as they are antisocially loud! In a good way, obviously :) I let my best friend have a go on it today so I could hear them for myself from a pedestrian's perspective. As he rode off down a country lane I could hear him for about a mile - roaring, popping and banging. Bloody awesome! I'm almost deafened when I blip the throttle in my garage (with the door open). People turn around in the street when I come burbling past. I don't know why you'd want louder pipes to be honest. I also read someone saying that they get louder after a few thousand miles? Anyone experience that as these only have 800 miles on them so far?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I also read someone saying that they get louder after a few thousand miles? Anyone experience that as these only have 800 miles on them so far?
Mine have about 3,000 miles on them now. They are not louder, but they seem to "blat" less. I'm very pleased with them.

·
Registered
633 Posts
You definetely got the best color available on a scrambler :D
Enjoy your new ride and do not get too carried away with mods like some of us did ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm with you, on the TORs. The sound is exactly what I was looking for. I had been considering the Toga full header set, but I don't see that happening, now. The sound is absolutely perfect, to my ears.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My Triumph mechanic said the TORS are much louder on the Scrambler than the TORS for the Bonnie for some reason. I love mine too. I have not noticed any change in the sound at 6K miles. I also love to blip that throttle...little kids and dogs love it. Chicks dig it too. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts