Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....and I returned it 30 minutes later. It felt good and looked nice. The problem was the rear over the tail light. After installing the little black plastic butt plate, there was a 1/4 inch gap all the way across the rear of the seat between the bottom of the butt plate and the top of the tail light trim. Too bad because other that that, it was very nice.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hmmm.....I'm not at home, so I can't look at the bike, but I thought the gap is also there on the stock seat as well.

The 1/4" gap allows the back of the optional seat cowl to slide into there.

I have the Sargent Seat with the Seat Cowl and it looks great.

JOHN

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Love my Sargent seat. No big deal-they will fix wahtever is wrong or whatever you do not like. I sent mine back for some changes and they did it N/C and in a hurry too. Great company. Work it out with them-good products and good people!!

It is a very comfortable seat and is worth a little effort IMHO.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had the same problem until I took the black rubber stops from the stock seat and replaced the ones on the Sargent seat. Perfect fit now and no rubbing. Zero dollars and about five minutes of time.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Function trumps form.

It makes my butt happy and doesn't rack my 'nads.

That's more important than any gap.

·
Registered
646 Posts
On 2006-11-20 18:45, R100Pilot wrote:
Function trumps form.

It makes my butt happy and doesn't rack my 'nads.

That's more important than any gap.
Amen!! I still need to 'tap' the back of my Corbin to take it off but I'll be damned if I'm sending it back!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
a quick forum search will take care of that, many threads regarding the Sargent and Corbin seats have been around for a bit, pics are included in them as I recall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts