Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

First post here. I've been reading and watching the forums for a while but never posted. I got my Thruxton about a month ago and ordered the basic performance package from British Customs the 24th of last month. Well after about 3 weeks of waiting everything came today BUT the exhaust is the EFI version! I checked my order info to see if it was me that made the mistake and sure enough I ordered the right thing, I even put in my bike info in the comments, 08 Thruxton. Well needles to say I am very frustrated. I wanted to run these bad boys during the weekend but now I'll have to wait some more. Oh well hopefully they will be worth the wait and headaches.

Take care guys.
Joe

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
For the EFI ?

You should still be able to use them . In fact what would it matter ? A difference would be if the muffler is for either for the Bonnie header or Thruxton header due to the bend. If they sent you Bonnie pipes they'll surely exchange them.

·
Registered
224 Posts
They're definitely worth the wait. I got a set on my Bonnie after listening to every exhaust clip out there and I am very happy I went with them. Good choice :thumbsup:

·
30,178 Posts
Give Sean a call, he's a great guy and will help you out.

I think the silencers are actually the same for EFI and Carby, it's just that you need to get into jetting with the carby.

Give 'em a call - very helpful folks.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi Kolya - Welcome!
I just did the exact same 4 weeks back but I have an 04. Sean at BC is great to deal with - I'm sure you'll have no problems. And like everyone's said it is definitely worth the wait - great sound & more power to boot!:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys. I'll give them a call today. Hopefully they are the same so I can just bolt these bad boys on and be good to go, cause I got the airbox on and rejetted so now all I need is the exhaust.:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I'll give them a call today. Hopefully they are the same so I can just bolt these bad boys on and be good to go, cause I got the airbox on and rejetted so now all I need is the exhaust.:)
Hey Kolya
Did you leave the snorkel off? At some time I would seriously suggest removing the airbox altogether and going to K& N's as this will enable it to breathe much better - you will feel a big difference to stock in acceleration and torque but you'd have to rejet up a bit again though.
Hope they come soon!
Enjoy!:)
Steve

·
Registered
64 Posts
EFi pipes

Sorry for the confusion Kolya, Im assuming you were the customer that someone here spoke to today, just to recap for those that dont know, we found that the EFI bikes have a shorter connect point and that the earlier preds needed to be shortend a tad to fit , so what we did was cut all of our existing pipes to work on both carb and EFI models, now boxes marked EFI will fit either bike. So sorry for confusion, enjoy your Predators....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Sean,

Thanks man. I called earlier today and got the info. Bolted on the pipes today. Very nice. Although to be honest I was hoping they would be louder..... Still very nice though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts