Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -

'Got in the mail last night my "King & Queen" Norman Hyde seat.

I'm really pleased by this product. Pictures on Hyde's website doesn't do justice to the seat : it's a beautiful seat, its lines fit nicely with the bike's curves.

It's firmer than the stock one (but not Corbin-like firm) and maybe 1/2" thicker. The nice lower back support is what surprised me the most while riding on it for 15 minutes ...

More on it later !

Attachments

·
Banned
390 Posts
I suppose if its comfortable its ok,it looks rather like a sofa cushion /banana seat sitting on there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
those are nice seats...looks good on the bike and comfy...

it was a little too much for me to spend though : (

they are pricey for sure...imo

I think around 600 USD...higher if you wanted the gel versions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I paid 430 U$D on Norman Hyde's site.

I got this seat because the Corbin one that I got a few years ago for my XR650L was too hard for me ... and I don't really how the Yuill Bros. Dual Touring Seat looks like ...

·
Registered
727 Posts
That is a nice looking seat. The Triumph logo is pre Hinckley.

·
Registered
26 Posts
nice lookin seat,looks comfortable. Ill check into one for my speed master. thanx for sharing photos.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've got one for the America and although the pillion is indeed more comfortable I can't say the rider seat is particularly good.

The shape is significantly better but for me it's no better than the stock seat as it's rock hard. Mind you that's with the gel insert so perhaps the non-gel seat is better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts