Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost fell over when I saw my insurance bill today.
full coverage T 100 06 $172.00 a year with progressive..WOW.
pete

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well not on a bike but 2 years ago I had a guy hit me head on in my truck.he had progressive ins.they were at my house in 2 days and handed me a check for my totaled truck.
the injury part took some time.took out both knee's and a fractored left hand.
I was pretty impressed with them as a company.
pete

I was more pissed about being not able to ride my bike for a while :-D .

[ This message was edited by: txpete on 2007-02-20 20:49 ]

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
That's close to what I pay with Progressive also. Even had a claim with them, and an "at fault accident". Wrecked my 2001 Bonneville after owning it about 5 month. One vehicle accident, went wide on a turn and off the road, tried to ride it out but hit a ditch and high sided. They totaled it, which at the time I didn't want, but turned out ok. Looking back I got a fair deal, plus they covered my helmet which was cracked. Any safety equipment with my policy is covered separate. 100%, no deductible. I think it's their way of saying be smart and protect yourself.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2007-02-20 21:39, GrayMitchell wrote:
$172.00!!!!!!!???????

Bragger. Add $600 to that and you have my Progressive Insurance rate. BS.

-Gray :mad:
bragger

well when your a geezer and no tickets or claims I am sure yours will come down.
:razz:

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Hmmm...I'm not sure what to say here. I have Progressive also.

In 2005 I paid $196.00, but last year my policy dropped to $97.00.
I have full coverage, but it's bare bones....and I have roadside assistance also.

I noticed that Progressive changed my engine size from 865 to 790 for 2006....that was a mistake on thier part, but I don't know if that dropped my rates by a C note.

Now that I'm divorced.....I wonder if my rates will go up? :(

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
On 2007-02-20 20:35, road_dog wrote:

But I'd really like to know how good they are when it comes to handling a claim... Anyone care to share???
During my hit and run accident case (search for "ambulance ride" for the thread) they handled everything perfectly. Paid for everything.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think I am paying around $75 a year for my '02. I would have to check my policy for coverage amounts. I am also using Progressive in Virginia.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
I pay $175 a year for full coverage on my 05 T100. The coverage is more than state min but not the max that Progressive offers.

Mark,

Progressive did the same thing with my engine size at my last renewal. I just ignored it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a claim with them in Oct 2006. They were great. I had a check in my hand to cover my totaled bike in less than 10 days. :)

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
When I bought my 06 Bonnie in Aug, thought nothing about it and called my agent Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance from the dealer and told them to put full coverage on my new bike. Didn't give it any thought since I have been with them since 1987 for all my insurance. But my old heart stopped beating (67 years old) when I saw the bill for the new policy $1416.88, yes this is not a typo. As I picked myself off the floor got a quote from progressive for the same coverage $334.00. Since my son and his cars, Busa, and VTX covered by Gieco gave them a call and they were 60.00 more than progressive. Since my son has had good service from Gieco on two claims on his cars I went with them. See what happens in the next 6 month.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I called progressive last night as they had my T100 listed as a 790 also.the lady changed it no problem and the rate stayed the same.the computer goes of the vin # for engine size. :???: .she told me 790-1000 cc same price.
full coverage is less on my bonnie than I was paying for liability on my S-3 :-D .
pete

·
Registered
01 Bonnie, 12 Tiger
248 Posts
On 2007-02-20 20:29, txpete wrote:
I almost fell over when I saw my insurance bill today.
full coverage T 100 06 $172.00 a year with progressive..WOW.
pete
Wow... Anybody from SF Bay Area chime in on this... I have a 01 w\full coverage and pay almost 400 a year.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'm 43 and paying almost $400 a year with State Farm. I did an online quote w/ Progressive and came out under $200 a year! Take a wild guess who I'm renewing with come March!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi All,

You guys State side should thank every one of those Stars of yours. Down here in South Africa yearly comprehensive bike insurance on my '07 TBA amounts to the equivalent of $919. That's the best deal I could get. My previous Insurance was sitting at $2,077. No wonder you guys have all the spare ash to throw at all the cool mods :(

[ This message was edited by: Saffer on 2007-02-22 11:26 ]

·
Registered
413 Posts
Here in Oz I've just paid my insurance of A$292 for comprehensive insurance for my T100 with Swann.

That equivalent to US$230 so at least we are all within the same ballpark.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had my insurance through Progressive until I made the mistake of calling them after someone broke into my truck. They assessed the damage at $550, which left me $50 after the deductible. No coverage for contents, whatever, my bad. But about 2 weeks later the FU$#ERS raised my premium from $1100 to $2200 a year. :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got a quote from the lizzard and Progressive.....lizard $560 a year, progressive $331 for the exact same coverage.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Call Harley-Davidson Insurance and get their best rate through either Progressive or Foremost. Last year I paid $151 for my '02 America (MD, rural, mc license since '77, no MSF).
When I added my '66, they switched me to Progressive since they had a policy for an antique bike.
The rates through HD were less than going directly to either Progressive or Foremost. HD Insurance was recommended to me by my Allstate agent (she rides).
Give them a call, writing the policy took about 15 minutes over the phone:

800/832-4449

1 - 20 of 20 Posts