Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I will post pics, got a nice price on it, kept indoors, never dropped, a little more than 3k miles on it for $3900.

The bike was a show case bike apparently, has the black and white t100 tank on the regular bonnie specs.

Now I just need to lower it a bit so my feet can be flat to the ground, I hear a lot about the Hagon shocks, I am going to do more research about them. Has any lower their bonnies w/o new hardware or just using stock equipment?

Regards,

Collin

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Great deal! Congrats. What's your inseam? How much do you think you'll need to lower the bike?

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
You can get ICON shocks that are 1 inch lower. I think you would be ok with going down an inch. YOu could also drop the front fork sliders up an inch to keep it all balanced out.

I would think with a 29 inch inseam you would be ok withthe stock set up. I have a 30 incvh inseam and i can bend my knees.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
The SE Bonnie seats are a little lower too (about 2.5cm / 1 inch) and you can go for sportier lower profile tyres (another 1 cm / 3/8th of an inch). With the shocks that should put you close to flat footed.

Great purchase, you must be happy with that! :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can get ICON shocks that are 1 inch lower. I think you would be ok with going down an inch. YOu could also drop the front fork sliders up an inch to keep it all balanced out.

I would think with a 29 inch inseam you would be ok withthe stock set up. I have a 30 incvh inseam and i can bend my knees.
I am looking up the shocks right now, as I stand, I am 5'3 without my boots. Did you find it change the way your bike rides?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The SE Bonnie seats are a little lower too (about 2.5cm / 1 inch) and you can go for sportier lower profile tyres (another 1 cm / 3/8th of an inch). With the shocks that should put you close to flat footed.

Great purchase, you must be happy with that! :)
Awesome, I gotta run into the Triumph Dealer around here to see the if they have the seats available. Do you have an SE?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts