Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past couple of months I've had a few issues with my bike and one noteable absence was the burble and occasional pop on the overrun from the exhaust (Ti twobros).

Well after doing some checks last week I found the breather pipe sitting on part of the lower engine case and essentially blocking it. Re-routed it to it's correct location and the fantastic sound I had before is back - I'm not sure it should make me so happy, but it does. :HappyRoll:

This got me thinking a little (always dangerous), I'd like to know if the open vs closed breather had affected the fuel/air mix. I.e. was it running lean with the breather blocked or is it overly rich with it open?

I'd love to hear the ins and outs of this from some of the experts.

Thanks,
MP

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
All I can sayis, I love burbles...:D:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just another one of the good things about being over here is that they don't have the noise police like in the UK.:policecar:

In fact very few bikes seem to retain their stock items and prices are also pretty good for slip ons.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
I dunno 'bout Fort Worth, but I hear Dallas requires D&Ds and the cops there will ticket you for having a baffle. ;)

Cheers,
-Kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts