Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow what a nice bike. i got her today and did not expect her to have as much power as she did. i am so used to rideing 1700+cc cruisers and 1000cc+ sport bikes i guess i was expecting a big scooter. ( wich i would of ben happy with.) god what a whole different experience on a bike. and as far as the fuel injection vrs carbs i notice that the FI is relly twichy at low speeds. oh and yes that is the bike in middle of my living room. LOL the wife said no but she wasnt home when i got it home. LOL i will tell her that if she wants to put it in the garage that she has to do it. LOLOLOL:D

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
... and as far as the fuel injection vrs carbs i notice that the FI is relly twichy at low speeds.
You'll find it's not "twitchy" when you get used to riding it, it's just very responsive (more so than carbs.).
mattfisher said:
... oh and yes that is the bike in middle of my living room. LOL the wife said no but she wasnt home when i got it home. LOL i will tell her that if she wants to put it in the garage that she has to do it. LOLOLOL:D
I've always thought that's where they belong :cool:

Next to the blue & orange anniversary edition, green and cream is my favorite.
You have a Beautiful Bike!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was going to buy the black and white but someone (biker7) i wont mention there name bought it before i could buy it on ebay. but the people at the dealership said that this was the color to have. and in 30 years this color would look better than the black.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i was going to buy the black and white but someone (biker7) i wont mention there name bought it before i could buy it on ebay. but the people at the dealership said that this was the color to have. and in 30 years this color would look better than the black.
Who me? ;)
Congrats Matt. I also love the pic with the guitar.
I still haven't ridden mine and will likely be more than 3 weeks before I do being out of town.
A beauty.
Glad you are happy about the power. Frankly, that was my only reservation to buying the bike and sounds as though you are happy with the power.
Ride safe,
George

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who me? ;)
Congrats Matt. I also love the pic with the guitar.
I still haven't ridden mine and will likely be more than 3 weeks before I do being out of town.
A beauty.
Glad you are happy about the power. Frankly, that was my only reservation to buying the bike and sounds as though you are happy with the power.
Ride safe,
George

yup it goes down the road at 70mph like a dream.

i am thinking of getting a 50th anniv sticker and putting it on the sides of the battery covers. i know it isnt the annv addtion. but it kind of is. and i think it would look cool. any one on here look down on me for doing that.

·
29,945 Posts
Nice one Matt - beautiful bike. I have to admit that I like the idea of a chrome front mudguard - I have been thinking about getting one on my Bonnie black. I am not huge into chrome, but I think that might set it off well.

Well done - great aquisition, and stored in the correct place! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
all i can say is the AI has to come out before the next ride. LOL. the bike only has 15 miles on it and the tops of the pipes are turning yellow. not cool. the guy at the dealership said that i didnt even need the kit. just get some stainless bolts that could block off the holes he showed me exactly what to do. LOL. he even said that the AI had no bisnuess on the bike and seemingly is only there to blue the pipes. LOL

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice one Matt - beautiful bike. I have to admit that I like the idea of a chrome front mudguard - I have been thinking about getting one on my Bonnie black. I am not huge into chrome, but I think that might set it off well.

Well done - great aquisition, and stored in the correct place! :D
i am not a diehard chrome guy myself. i am indefrent. painted is cool, chrome is cool, blacked out (murdered) out is cool. i like what ever looks good on a particular bike. and on this one i think a chrome mud guard would look cool. and maby the brown seat.

·
29,945 Posts
Be careful pulling that EFI off - check out the great source of info sticky in twins tech talk, on page 2 there is an EFI section, and there is a link there to some discussion about pulling the AI off EFI bikes - not a good idea without a remap I believe. Something to check into first, that's all.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I too noticed the throttle was twitchy and very sensitive at low settings - this was "programmed out" when the Power Commander was installed, and the throttle response on my 2009 EFI is now more like my carb T100's. Another benefit of the PC is the computer is instructed to ignore readings from the O2 sensors, allowing the AI plumbing (but not the solenoid) to be 86'd. My exhaust pipes are not showing the temper colors my 2007's have, except for a slight straw color for the first 2-3" from the cylinder head.

I might add that my '66 and '68 Bonnies don't have blue pipes; just the lovely straw color. People who think the deep bluing is pur sang and vintage aren't correct - a properly tuned 60's Triumph/Beezer/Norton shouldn't have blue pipes either.

Dick

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Beautiful bike! I too would paint the side covers green or order the green ones. I hate that they do black on every bike - dumb.

As far as AI You must and I mean MUST!!!! load the map that tells the ecu that you don't have AI anymore. There is no option to this. The workings of the AI are controlled by the ECU and every sensor, every input takes that into consideration.

Love the bike. Here is a pic that I posted when I first got my Bonnie:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
anyone know where i could find 50th anniv sticker or decal i could put on the bike. i will try to get a ride video up before to long. i got a new helmet cam for christmass. and have ben itching to get some videos up.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Matt Triumph has tons of factory decal kits. If you go to your dealer you can look at the paper catalogue and see if any are the 50th anniversary decals. I got a 50th badge for my jacket from the dealer so they may have decals as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
exactly. it was cool that the dude at the dealership would not even sell me the AI removal kit. he said it was a waste of money. and could be replaced for 3$ at home depot

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Be careful pulling that EFI off - check out the great source of info sticky in twins tech talk, on page 2 there is an EFI section, and there is a link there to some discussion about pulling the AI off EFI bikes - not a good idea without a remap I believe. Something to check into first, that's all.
To add a further shroud of mystery...my interpretation is reading and listening to all the discussion which I have particular interest in now owning an '09 Bonny like Matt...I believe the AI can only be removed if having either a Power Commander or using a Tuneboy.
If going with the factory reflash say with freer flowing pipes I believe the AI must stay installed on the bike or a code will be set.
With a Power Commander...the controller ignores the O2 sensors and why as reported the AI can be removed...but not the solenoid. Not sure what the remap algorithm is with the tuneboy...whether it permits AI removal or not.
George

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it is just funny that the guy at the dealership said it was no big deal and they do it all the time and just unplug the ai and cap the holes. huh. i will call and talk to the mechanics

1 - 20 of 43 Posts