Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm afraid to say I have broken the lens of my scrammy's tail light, the foolishness of not paying enough attention when backing it up.

After kicking myself pretty hard, I called triumph to order a new lens. And I know it can seem tight, but I thought £25 pounds was a little steep for a bit of plastic. Thats a decent night out in me local! :)

So the way I see it I have a few options...
a) Pay up

b) take the opportunity to change the tail light set up all together (I know this will no doubt cost more, but I don't mind spending cash when it's worth it) Any suggestions would be more than welcome!

c) Give some cash to one of you. If you have already changed your tail light set up and have the original sitting around... how much you want?

I would appreciate any thoughts, thanks for taking time to read.
p.s If anyone is interested in option c) I live in Kent, England.

Many thanks
:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Yes, change it.

This is the New Bonneville unit with parking lights. Its nice to have more light back there. I'd have a replacement OEM lens for you, but alas, that whole unit went in the trash weeks ago.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks sweet Pokeyjoe, I have to say I am getting more drawn to the idea of changing out.

And I am so jealous of how small you number plates are over the pond. The UK plates are almost twice the size :mad:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The Lucas style lamps come in two styles, with turn signals or without. I drilled my fender and mounted the stock signals in the hope that cars behind might see me better. Riding buddies have mentioned that the Lucas lamp isn't as bright as stock, the lens unit is old tech I guess. Don't know if the Eurocrats in Brussells make you have SAE approval for your M.o.T. or not, my lens is devoid of any lettering. I much prefer the Lucas style, looks are important. After all, they didn't bury Elvis in a courdory suit did they?

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
I too recently changed out the tail light assembly for the New Bonneville unit. It is as advertised: beautiful. But if you're still looking to save the old set up, let me know. If you can't find anyone closer who wants to part with their old lens, I'll be happy to oblige.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your input guys, I really like 6t's setup as it means I can keep the existing indicators/blinkers which I do think are pretty cool and he Lucas style light does rock.

One question though 6t, I get through quite a few miles on my scramy, do you reckon the close proximity of the indicator to the exhaust will hold out? Thats my only concern.

Plus before I do this I have to find someone close by that can make me a smaller number plate, as I am so liking the overseas style.

cheers again to all, and thank you for the offer jimi, but I reckon the postage may be a little excessive for such a small item :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for all ya help

Cheers guys, just thought it would polite to let you know what I went for in the end :)

·
Registered
10,459 Posts
Looks good! Too bad you have to use such large license plates.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Thanks for all your input guys, I really like 6t's setup as it means I can keep the existing indicators/blinkers which I do think are pretty cool and he Lucas style light does rock.

One question though 6t, I get through quite a few miles on my scramy, do you reckon the close proximity of the indicator to the exhaust will hold out? Thats my only concern.

Plus before I do this I have to find someone close by that can make me a smaller number plate, as I am so liking the overseas style.

cheers again to all, and thank you for the offer jimi, but I reckon the postage may be a little excessive for such a small item :)

Sorry Robbie, missed your question, which is a pity as I could have told you that the pipes melt the lamp on a regular basis.

Just joking, I've done lots of kms with no problemo. I'd forgotten just how big the UK lic plates are, probably knocks 10 kph of the top end!
Ride safe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.