Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

I did something today which I thought that I would never do, or at least wouldn't do for a long time. I traded my T100 in on another bike. Don't worry, I didn't get a Hardly Drivable, but I did get a cruiser. My local dealer made me an offer I couldn't resist and so I got an RIII Classic.

Well I had some stumps to pull so it seemed like the right thing to do. :-D Seriously though, I will miss my Bonnie but I have been thinking about the RIII for some time and finallly took the plunge. Unfortunately I couldn't keep both bikes otherwise the combination of these two would have been great.

14,000 miles of leisure riding in 12 months was a lot of fun. They are amazing bikes which turn heads wherever they go and there is nothing quite like them.

I want to thank all those on this forum who have been part of that journey. You have been helpful, humorous and hours of fun. I salute you all as I move over to the Rocket Science forum.

:chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug:

Ian

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
If you hadda do it you did it the right way ! I like the rocket. It has issues for me so i decided against it, but they're all subjective things. But they're definatly one of the few bikes i'd consider trading for. Personally i love my speedy and theres nothing on the market right now that comes very close for me, and certainly nothing w/o a triumph badge on it. But if the big twin cruiser becomes a reality i think i will be going there. Have fun, be careful with all that power, and stop by now and then.......especially after you get it to let us know how you like it, or tell us now if you already did.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Congrats on new ride. Must admit have been having the same thoughts lately but can't give it up the Bonnie. May just wait and add a RIII as second bike.

·
Registered
421 Posts
As long as you ride... and enjoy it. Congrats on the new bke.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Shoot us a post sometime describing how the R111 compares to the bonnie.

For me, I've gotten so used to the great handling of the bonnie that I couldn't get rid of it. It's really grown on me.

Sure hope you're happy with your new beautiful bike.

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
> Unfortunately I couldn't keep both bikes otherwise the combination of these two would have been great.

Having had both at once, I can attest that the combination is great. The Bonneville makes a relaxing change of pace from the Rocket when you want something a bit more easygoing.

But sadly, I can understand not being able to keep both. If I hadn't bought the Speed Triple just before moving here, I'd have probably been able to hold onto my Rocket, along with the Tiger and Bonneville.

Having four bikes just wasn't feasible with Kansas' tax rates and insurance premiums, though! The Rocket was the far and away most expensive of the lot in both regards, plus being the only one that was financed, which was causing conflicts with my entrepreneurial projects. Ergo, I had to part with it for the time being.

So, I understand the trauma, but congratulations! I bet you'll love the heck out of the Rocket. It's an amazing vehicle.

·
Registered
495 Posts
sooo I too have been considering another. A honda rc51 1000. used 10800km 2001 under 9000$cdn that is until I spoke with my insurance agent. please dont hate my need for speed. I love my bonnie but recently I have been riding her very hard and frankly I am worried I am going into the corners just a little to hot for the single front brake.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I test rode an RIII at triumph demo days three times and fully understand why people buy them. Very stable in turns and handles great performing low-speed parking lot type manuevers.

Hope you enjoy it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.