Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my drag link fixed today after a false start (got given a serve by the Triumph agent for being 30 min late in his eyes which ended in having to re book)
Had asked for the master cylinder to be replaced, I should not have been surprised when I went to collect it tonight to find that it had not been done. Was told by Peter Stevens that this good will gesture did not apply to Australia.
Seems only poms and the good old US of A get this type of service.
F**** why did I get another T? love the bike but hate the service.
:???: :???: :???:

·
Registered
199 Posts
GavinB,
I wonder whether this guy can help you
I copied him in on a letter I wrote to Peter Stevens with regard to some issues I had with my bike
He is the warranty/technical manager for T in Oz

Triumph Australia
Mr. Cliff Stovall
20 Stubbs Street
Kensington VIC , 3031

No harm in trying?? :hammer:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Gav,
it seems that PS and Mr Bracks are the same, pennypinching pricks. And if PS or Mr Bracks are reading this, then go combine sex and travel. Cheers from a little old state where service still matters. Mate if I were you, I'd look at taking your Trump to Charlie at Turn-one and tell PS to shove it up their miserable arse.
:asb: :asb: :asb:

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
A mate of mine 1050POME has just had this done at my local dealer, Moto Arena. The warranty claim codes HAVE NOT AND WILL NOT, BE POSTED on the Triumph Australia dealer site, so you have to tell your dealer to ring Phil Hudson at Triumph Australia to get the warranty code. Don`t blame your dealer, he`ll happily do the work, why wouldn`t he? Triumph will pay for it. Just tell him to make the call. Triumph Australia WILL authorise your dealer to do this job, they`re obviously not shouting about it from the rooftops, to try and keep the warranty claims to a minimum.

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
I take it you are referring to your spongy brakes? If so, the warranty claim codes HAVE NOT AND WILL NOT, BE POSTED on the Triumph Australia dealer site, so you have to tell your dealer to ring Phil Hudson at Triumph Australia and give him the warranty code below. Don`t blame your dealer, he`ll happily do the work, why wouldn`t he? Triumph will pay for it. Just tell him to make the call. Triumph Australia WILL authorise your dealer to do this job, they`re obviously not shouting about it from the rooftops, to try and keep the warranty claims to a minimum.
This is what you need.

"How to claim modification costs from us:

For convenience, please use the Warranty On Line system to process this
goodwill work using:

claim type "GOODWILL",

fault code 02020291 and

repair code 12020205."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gav

just had my master cylinder replaced 19/2/07 by Procycles St Peters NSW under waranty so it does apply to OZ just need a decent dealer to help you ouy

Cru_sin

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
On 2007-02-21 13:47, ruscook wrote:
A bit of a joke when Triumph Aust IS Peter Stevens Imports and the biggest Triumph dealer in Melbourne is Peter Stevens isn't it.

Thanks for the info WelshRob.

Russ
...and that is why I travelled from Melbourne to Shepparton to buy my new Sprint ST, and why I never, ever, ever let the clowns at Peter Stevens service (now that is an oxymoron!) within touching distance of any of my bikes.

:-D Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm trying to get my brakes fixed on my speed triple and spoke to the head mechanic at Brisans in Newcastle and he knows nothing about a brake problem or a fix. I decided to ring Triumph Australia myself and they said Triumph UK has agreed to fix it by replacing the pistons with '07 pistons, and all dealers were told about it. My bike is booked in for a service so I will try again. I'll see some of you guys on the 28th and fill you in on how I went.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Interesting as I've had nothing but good service from PS. However, I haven't mentioned the master cylinder job as my brakes are fine.
As an aside, do you reckon I should try and get it done even though mine are fine, (at the moment?)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts