Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much vibration is considered too much? I realize that's a subjective question, and my experience/tolerance will differ from others. But, this is my first bike. See my signature line for mods done to my BB. Since the airbox removal, I found that especially under heavy accel, or at higher RPM's, there is quite a bit of vibration to the bike. It's especially noticeable at the handlebars. It's so much, in fact, that I occassionally have my hands go numb because of it while on the highway (75+mph). I DON'T have bar end weights (I have bar end mirrors), and while that might help, I'm wondering if it's more a carb balancing issue, or possibly something else.
Any particular thoughts?

(Moderators, please feel free to move this thread if it appears to be in the wrong forum. Thanks)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looks like I have the same set up as you do,you will get some vibration. Balance your carbs if you haven't done that. These bikes don't vibrate as much as other bikes I've seen, on some trips my hands get alittle numb, but not that bad. Try not to grip to hard & you can try gel pad gloves ( this is why they make them)

·
Vendor
2,431 Posts
As has been said, check carb balance first, if they're out of balance that causes certain vibes. If they are in balance then you need some weight in your bars. I whittled down a couple of large fishing weights and installed them in my bars level with where the hand grips go, I don't get any vibes now. I rode another Bonnie a couple of days ago and the lack of vibes in my bike was noticeable.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll look into that barsnake idea. That seems like it might be the answer. I will also be getting my carbs balanced soon enough. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts