Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
New to the forum and looking for some feedback on a price I was given for a 2011 Thunderbird with big bore kit and abs. The Bike was a demo bike and has 2000 miles on it. They want 14000 out the door. They really won't budge on the price as you can' seem to find any bikes...Any feed back would be greatly appreciated as I have to seal the deal sometime today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think it is a little high, I got a 2011 Storm that was a demo with 150 miles on it. The dealer put on short pipes, air filter, mirrors and swing arm covers and re mapped it. I got mine for $12,550 plus tax. Mine does not have ABS.

The way I look at it though is something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you love the bike then buy it, it's well worth the 14k to you then. You could wait for a better deal but then the summer might be over. You never know how long you got on this planet so enjoy the things you really love NOW don't put them off.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Well, theres a $300 price diff between the black and striped paint, but assuming it's the striped 2 tone the base price would come to about 15.6k. Then you have tax/lic/setup. The cheapest around here where we have about 5 dealers on that would be about 16.2k out the door going by the kind of discount the cheapest dealer here usually charges. So thats about 2.2k savings for having 2000 miles on the clock. If it's black it's about 1.9k difference. Your call as to whether it's worth it, but do consider a demo was ridden by a lot of different people who may have beat the heck out of it. Just a thought but worth pondering. Personally i'd probably pass because a used one like that with 2k on it would probably not sell till the price hit about 10-11k. that said tho, i don't think it's a bad deal, just not a real good one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feed back guys! There was no reply till now because I was riding it till around 11 last night... The bike was $13948 out the door. Tax and all the other crap included. That was with abs, Big Bore Kit, Short Pipes, Mirrors and some other odds and ends. The 2000 miles on it are in the back of my mind, but I have the and 2 year unlimited warranty and I'm not sweating it too much to be honest with you. As for the bike itself.... I have had the Koolaide Grin on since I picked it up and everyone loves the thing. My buddy can't get over how good it looks. Loves the rear end of it. Probably because that's all he really sees.
In the end, I wanted it. I mean really wanted it. It is unique for what it is, goes like it's on fire, and just looks freakin awesome. I honestly can't remember the last time I felt this excited about something and that by itself is worth every bit of $13948...

Thanks again, Ill get some picks up soon...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts