Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning from St. Croix usvi. I 've a 07 bonnie with velorex sidecar had since new . Glad to be member here sorry took so long to join

tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll post pics in future .A little history, I'll be here 2 yrs in august wifes job brought us here. was located in ne florida prior near jax. I bought it new in Daytona this is year 6 for sidecar 56k miles daily rider. When we got here they never saw a hack in person first one on island suposedly took 3 hours at dmv to get approval as we drive left and hacks on right.I park in front of work in Christiansted and all day long tourist take photos and locals stop by to chat . Recently a friend bought a Ural gearup and last month another gent got a scrambler . 2 triumphs and 2hacks out of 100+- cycles here. Now before anyone thinks its perfect here I've driven artillery cratered roads easier to maneuver on than the potholes here .just Monday last I hit one and took out 4 spokes and hub on front am currently searching for replacement . all in all tho there are some cool things to see here

tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good morning, St Croix is a world away from St Thomas & St John this is the largest of the 3 but it's less crowded we don't see the large volume of cruise ships here . It's main source of revenue until recently was the Hovensa oil refinery that's been closed 2yrs now so a bit of economic depression set in. Wifes a nurse at hospital and I a watchmaker I also help out a local jeweler with sales of swiss timepieses (seen some interesting antique clocks and watches ) was amazed at how fast people got to find me mostly attributed to the sidecar makes friends everywhere it goes. The east end is dry with cactus' and the west has rain forest there are also farms and livestock here mostly on south side.This weekend is the ironman triathalon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts